New member from North East Wales

Just joined up :) I've got a 2006 registered 350Z that I've had since Feb 2007. What I've never figured out is why the dealer I bought it from registered the vehicle in January 2006 and then left it on display in their showroom for a year. It only had 49 miles on the clock, apparently only 2 other people had test driven it before I snapped it up. So far I've only clocked up 8k miles as I own a cheapo runabout as well. No problems to speak of so far and definitely the best car I've ever owned. :)

Pete

So have you driven that Zed much in the last few years or so, to rectify it sitting for the first year of it's life? !

Welcome to the forum. :thumbs:

Thanks for the welcome. I don't use the car that often, only 8,100 miles in 3 and a half years, still on original tyres, etc. Unfortunately, the lack of use, sometimes for weeks on end, has lead to a few problems like pitted brake discs and I had to replace the battery not long ago.

Pete

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

I'm sure a neighbour of yours (ChrisS) will be along soon to say Hi.

Sounds like your ZED is a pre-facelift - (MY06) which generally appeared just after mid 2006 and obviously affected sales of the earlier (MY03) model which will include yours ;)

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

I'm sure a neighbour of yours (ChrisS) will be along soon to say Hi.

Sounds like your ZED is a pre-facelift - (MY06) which generally appeared just after mid 2006 and obviously affected sales of the earlier (MY03) model which will include yours ;)

Yeah, you're right its a 2005 model. The salesman told me that it had spent its entire life in the showroom and they only decided to sell it about a week before I bought it. I did get a 4k discount and a pretty good price for the low mileage T-Sport I traded in so I can't really complain :)

Pete

Hi Pete and welcome.

Sorry only just noticed you intro (too busy checking out Welsh roads for Colin (Ebized) to play on in Sept. :yahoo: )

I'm up the road from you outside Corwen but from Shotton (mum still lives there so go there each week,but in my shed not zed, Deeside lad who got out) Used to live Northop Hall.

Get some miles on her, Wales meet in Sept will be fun, cos this lot are a load of nutters,in the nicest of ways :p .

From an old fart :wheelchair:

Cheers

Chris

Hi Pete and welcome.

Sorry only just noticed you intro (too busy checking out Welsh roads for Colin (Ebized) to play on in Sept. :yahoo: )

I'm up the road from you outside Corwen but from Shotton (mum still lives there so go there each week,but in my shed not zed, Deeside lad who got out) Used to live Northop Hall.

Get some miles on her, Wales meet in Sept will be fun, cos this lot are a load of nutters,in the nicest of ways :p .

From an old fart :wheelchair:

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for the welcome. I've lived in Northop Hall since 1961 although I'm on the "wrong" side of the A55, Pinfold Lane to be exact. I'm hoping to make the Wales meet, probably the Sunday but I need to discuss it with "The Boss" first :D

Cheers

Pete

Thanks for the welcome. I don't use the car that often, only 8,100 miles in 3 and a half years, still on original tyres, etc. Unfortunately, the lack of use, sometimes for weeks on end, has lead to a few problems like pitted brake discs and I had to replace the battery not long ago.

That's not mileage, :lol: but don't worry this lot will have you out to meets to rectify that mileage. :D

Yes, that is a problem for garage queens. One of my friends over this end of the pond only has 6k (kilometres) on his 2003. So what's that in miles, only about 4k. And he always has to jump start, plus a few other niggles from sitting all the time.