trader feedback thread

I do see alot of threads from members thanking the traders for their hard work, but after a while we do seem to end up with a lot of them a bit like spam. i wouldn't want to remove this medium from people but would it make more sense for traders to have a single thread in their section labelled as feedback so that all users of that trader can put their feedback in there be it positive or negative so that all can browse that thread and get their own feeling about that trader.

maybe lock it as a 1 post only i.e you can only post once in it to save on discussions going on in it. and treat it more like an ebay seller review section

only an idea :shrug:

I do see alot of threads from members thanking the traders for their hard work, but after a while we do seem to end up with a lot of them a bit like spam. i wouldn't want to remove this medium from people but would it make more sense for traders to have a single thread in their section labelled as feedback so that all users of that trader can put their feedback in there be it positive or negative so that all can browse that thread and get their own feeling about that trader.

maybe lock it as a 1 post only i.e you can only post once in it to save on discussions going on in it. and treat it more like an ebay seller review section

+1!

+1!

+

I find them completley uneccessary, especially considering how often they are popping up & for the most mundane things :yawn:

No. :p:p

It's something we have discussed quite a bit but have never come up with anything definitive.

The important thing (for me) is to get something that is easy to use / moderate while being useful and truthful. Unfortunately having a 'one post only' section would be the best but I just doubt anyone could keep to one post and it'd be a big fight every other day.

Please come up with suggestions though. Something to consider also is would people want to be named or anonymous?

I think you should copy the eBay type rating system ie, +ive neutral -ve and a comment, no discussion

Itrader is good and is on a few other forums I use, but I'm not sure if it's available for phbb?

iTrader seems to be decent but as you say I don't think it's supported by phpbb. The geeks..... I mean admin.... are looking into some options I believe.

You can always let the team know if you have issues. You have all seen that we will remove traders rights / suspend members accounts if they are bad but we don't know they are bad unless the team is notified. :thumbs:

the team do a good job and the traders are well policed, for me its the constant flood of minor thanks threads for very minor work, or even just ordering in a part. its almost as if people are being offered discounts to post up. :shrug: which i hope is not the case as for me this would be abusing the forum a little :shrug:

i think the easiest route is to put a thread on the traders section for reviews, people should post the part they bought, the price they paid, the service the received and if they would recommend... any discussion on it should not be allowed

i think the easiest route is to put a thread on the traders section for reviews, people should post the part they bought, the price they paid, the service the received and if they would recommend... any discussion on it should not be allowed

This I like..... ;)

i think its possibly the easiest route, and i think it should be a rule to include all this or it will not be allowed or removed. id put a warning at the top of each traders thread stating that any discussion will result in a warning or temporary ban.. that way it should keep it neat and tidy

:scare:
the team do a good job and the traders are well policed, for me its the constant flood of minor thanks threads for very minor work, or even just ordering in a part. its almost as if people are being offered discounts to post up. :shrug: which i hope is not the case as for me this would be abusing the forum a little :shrug:

Price they paid?... don't think traders will like that one!?

I don't think it matters though. It's better for us as it will let you see what people paid and if they got a good deal it's a talking point for someone else. I don't like the way where prices are pm'd etc

Don't like that either, in fact think it should be forced to put price inc vat on them! ;-)

I don't think it matters though. It's better for us as it will let you see what people paid and if they got a good deal it's a talking point for someone else. I don't like the way where prices are pm'd etc

I agree that not publishing prices (for certain items) is a pain but I believe it only harms the trader that is selling the item.

We leave the traders to sell as they see fit and will continue to do so only stepping in if required. If the trader is serious about making money they will know what sells a product best and implement these methods.

I don't think the price paid is important in the feedback personally but the rest of the info is excellent.

There is a reason why some of the US traders never post a price.

The reason why some vendors don't always post up the prices is because they are only allowed to advertise prices that is discounted a certain amount from the MSRP... But often, the market value of that item is much lower then they are allowed to advertise for.

That was the reason given by traders on my350z as to why they dont post them :)