trader feedback thread

I agree with Sarah!

I think even though the trader won't post prices, we should make it compulsory to post in the feedback section.

What happens if the member isn't keen on letting others know how much they've spent? You get no feedback good or bad for that seller.

I don't think the price is relevant to feedback personally. It's easy to get ball park figures then it's up to the buyer to do any negotiation. ;)

I agree with Sarah!

I think even though the trader won't post prices, we should make it compulsory to post in the feedback section.

What happens if the member isn't keen on letting others know how much they've spent? You get no feedback good or bad for that seller.

I don't think the price is relevant to feedback personally. It's easy to get ball park figures then it's up to the buyer to do any negotiation. ;)

Yeah see what ur saying :doh:

I think I was getting wound up with fact there's for sale threads popping up without a price.

Sometimes though, as a buyer, you wonder if your getting ripped off and that's why some people won't post public prices. It's a doubt at the back of you mind. Sometimes you wonder if people are getting different prices from you etc

Sometimes though, as a buyer, you wonder if your getting ripped off and that's why some people won't post public prices. It's a doubt at the back of you mind. Sometimes you wonder if people are getting different prices from you etc

I don't hide my prices so I wouldn't know :)

Short of an Itrader style system I can't see much point in anything else. I reckon it would only create more work for the mods to police compliment threads, and still at the end of the day what's really wrong with posting that your happy about a product and receiving a discussion on it? 'I got new brakes fitted by such and such and it was a great service' 'that's nice to know, so how are you finding them?' blah blah. For the sake of a few post's a week, perhaps the grumpy bears could just ignore them?

I agree, I don't think price is relevant, it is whether you are happy with what you have received.

+1.

It's fair enough that buyers shouldn't need to specify a price, prices always vary depending on stock prices, buyers spending habits with the trader etc.

Having said that I've just booked in for a P2 with DMS based on feedback on here and their published prices :thumbs:

It's the level of service that's the important thing, as Stew said most people are capable of googling prices and/or 'phoning around traders.

Short of an Itrader style system I can't see much point in anything else. I reckon it would only create more work for the mods to police compliment threads, and still at the end of the day what's really wrong with posting that your happy about a product and receiving a discussion on it? 'I got new brakes fitted by such and such and it was a great service' 'that's nice to know, so how are you finding them?' blah blah. For the sake of a few post's a week, perhaps the grumpy bears could just ignore them?

It's to do with the forum being cluttered by these threads which are all the same. It needs refined to stop it becoming a nuisance. If we can sort it out so it keeps it tidy, i think it would satisfy most.

:#1: for 'Grumpy Bears'

I think it would be good with some sort of rating system and to find out if it's any good we could match it against traders that has been banished off this site... would the system have helped the member or not? (etc)