Anyone know this car?

pptom

I'm going to have a look at this tomorrow, does anyone know it?:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

I know its a little bit overpriced, but low mileage, FNSH and its only about an hour away. Apparently the owner PX'd it for a second hand 370.

I've seen 3 cars in Nissan dealerships so far and to be honest they were all a little rough, it amazes me how little attention they pay to detail - the last one had what can only be described as 'scum' on the steering wheel, gearstick and handbrake (sweaty palms?) and the drivers side mirror switch panel was loose and jumping all over the place - minor things but so easy to fix and not what you'd really expect for the best part of £13k. I think some dealers have the opinion that they don't even have to try - not good business if you ask me.

This ones only been in a couple of days, apparently its been PDR'd and had 2 wheels 'refurbed' (touched up!)

Its the spec I'm after so shall go with an open mind and a highly critical eye!

I'm going to have a look at this tomorrow, does anyone know it?:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

I know its a little bit overpriced, but low mileage, FNSH and its only about an hour away. Apparently the owner PX'd it for a second hand 370.

I've seen 3 cars in Nissan dealerships so far and to be honest they were all a little rough, it amazes me how little attention they pay to detail - the last one had what can only be described as 'scum' on the steering wheel, gearstick and handbrake (sweaty palms?) and the drivers side mirror switch panel was loose and jumping all over the place - minor things but so easy to fix and not what you'd really expect for the best part of £13k. I think some dealers have the opinion that they don't even have to try - not good business if you ask me.

This ones only been in a couple of days, apparently its been PDR'd and had 2 wheels 'refurbed' (touched up!)

Its the spec I'm after so shall go with an open mind and a highly critical eye!

i have been looking at this one too ! , was debating a look see but its quite far from me.

What other cars have you seen at dealerships that were no good? , may save me a journey !!!

I've been to Bedford Evans Halshaw, the silver one is truly awfull too many faults to list, it just screams - abused, orange car is OK, drove nice, but that was the one with dirty leather, all 4 wheels had corrosion but no kerbing (I'm 90% sure that 2 had been touched up) and there was a small, but nasty dent in the pass side wing. The PDR guy had been over the car and did not even attemp to remove it, this would need filling and painting, something I wouldn't trust Nissan to do well.

Also seen a 08 plate 313 at Allen Nissan Northampton, sounded glorious on startup, £18k, 4 x curbed alloys, had a front bumper repair, which was poor quality and fairly obvious, exhaust tips were very out of alignment, which makes me think - why? various door dents, too many scratches on lower panels etc ect. Oh and I wasn't allowed to test drive it, I had to 'do the deal' first to prove I was genuine!

I've kind of reserved this car (£50 refundable holding fee) and will be at the dealers at 9 tomorrow morning, If I don't buy, I'll post my findings in this thread.

Also seen a 08 plate 313 at Allen Nissan Northampton, sounded glorious on startup, £18k, 4 x curbed alloys, had a front bumper repair, which was poor quality and fairly obvious, exhaust tips were very out of alignment, which makes me think - why? various door dents, too many scratches on lower panels etc ect. Oh and I wasn't allowed to test drive it, I had to 'do the deal' first to prove I was genuine!

I've kind of reserved this car (£50 refundable holding fee) and will be at the dealers at 9 tomorrow morning, If I don't buy, I'll post my findings in this thread.

Why have you put a holding fee down when you describe the car as you have, there are much cleaner versions about for that type of money. :shrug:

Walk away and wait till a clean one pops up. :thumbs:

Also seen a 08 plate 313 at Allen Nissan Northampton, sounded glorious on startup, £18k, and will be at the dealers at 9 tomorrow morning, If I don't buy, I'll post my findings in this thread.

I'm near northampton and my 2008 on a 57 plate is for sale, pm me if you want to view it :thumbs:

Why have you put a holding fee down when you describe the car as you have, there are much cleaner versions about for that type of money. :shrug:

Walk away and wait till a clean one pops up. :thumbs:

He hasn't reserved the 08 car ;)

I'm in Northampton Gizmo

Well I've just wasted 4 1/2 hours looking at this car, the reasons are as follows:

As I walked up to the car the very first thing i saw was a significant door dent halfway up the drivers door, right on the creaseline that runs the length of the car. I'd been told, over the phone that the PDR guy had been over the car, so I'm assuming that this was one he couldn't remove and so would require a Smart repair.

Drivers seat: you may have seen my other post, but despite me specifically asking about the condition of the leather over the phone, this drivers seat was possibly the worst I've seen so far. Most of the panels were fine apart from the upright and seat bolsters, which no amount of leather care solution was ever going to fix. this would need a partial retrim and new foam inserting.

Service history, yep, all main dealer as said, but the car is only 2 months shy of being 5 years old, it was serviced last week by the dealer and has only had 4 services from new, where obviously it should have had 5. The first service (the most important in my view) was overdue by a couple of months and 1500 miles and a couple of others were a little bit out, with the order a little odd aswell going: P1, P2, P3, P1

Overall though the car was not that bad, just not what I'd call immaculate as it was described to me.

I was prepared to live with the history if I could get the car for the right price, bearing in mind I would have to factor in seat repair and tax. When it came to the crunch I told the salesman i was interested but it would all hinge on price, to which he replied the price is on the windscreen and would not change, let me get my sales manager. He came out and tried to give me the old 'its what you'd expect from a 5 year old car' blah, but ultimately the price would not change, so I walked.

Thats 4 cars I've now seen at dealers, and, while this one was far and away the best in terms of condition, none of them ticked all of the boxes. Nissan dealers must shift 350's pretty easily given that they have some nasty examples in and do not budge on pice and I think their attitude is a bit arrogant really. I think I'll stick to my original plan and aim to buy privately, its just a shame that i wasted time today, I had 4 possibles to look at and narrowed it down to this one due to time constraints and borrowing the bread knifes car.

Oh well, onwards!

Also seen a 08 plate 313 at Allen Nissan Northampton, sounded glorious on startup, £18k, and will be at the dealers at 9 tomorrow morning, If I don't buy, I'll post my findings in this thread.

I'm near northampton and my 2008 on a 57 plate is for sale, pm me if you want to view it :thumbs:

To be honest, this one was over budget anyway, I've properly reigned myself in now and £12.5k is going to be my target area.

I had seen it advertised though - looks nice

I'm in Northampton Gizmo

Well I've just wasted 4 1/2 hours looking at this car, the reasons are as follows:

As I walked up to the car the very first thing i saw was a significant door dent halfway up the drivers door, right on the creaseline that runs the length of the car. I'd been told, over the phone that the PDR guy had been over the car, so I'm assuming that this was one he couldn't remove and so would require a Smart repair.

Drivers seat: you may have seen my other post, but despite me specifically asking about the condition of the leather over the phone, this drivers seat was possibly the worst I've seen so far. Most of the panels were fine apart from the upright and seat bolsters, which no amount of leather care solution was ever going to fix. this would need a partial retrim and new foam inserting.

Service history, yep, all main dealer as said, but the car is only 2 months shy of being 5 years old, it was serviced last week by the dealer and has only had 4 services from new, where obviously it should have had 5. The first service (the most important in my view) was overdue by a couple of months and 1500 miles and a couple of others were a little bit out, with the order a little odd aswell going: P1, P2, P3, P1

Overall though the car was not that bad, just not what I'd call immaculate as it was described to me.

I was prepared to live with the history if I could get the car for the right price, bearing in mind I would have to factor in seat repair and tax. When it came to the crunch I told the salesman i was interested but it would all hinge on price, to which he replied the price is on the windscreen and would not change, let me get my sales manager. He came out and tried to give me the old 'its what you'd expect from a 5 year old car' blah, but ultimately the price would not change, so I walked.

Thats 4 cars I've now seen at dealers, and, while this one was far and away the best in terms of condition, none of them ticked all of the boxes. Nissan dealers must shift 350's pretty easily given that they have some nasty examples in and do not budge on pice and I think their attitude is a bit arrogant really. I think I'll stick to my original plan and aim to buy privately, its just a shame that i wasted time today, I had 4 possibles to look at and narrowed it down to this one due to time constraints and borrowing the bread knifes car.

Oh well, onwards!

Servicing has had the P3 done when it should have been the P1 again, so no worries there.

Mine is for sale within your budget, no dodgy bodywork or 'scum' on the inside either! 28700 miles with full main dealer history. I bought it from someone on here and did my homework first (is my second 350Z) and it has been a pleasure to own.

Chris :)

Mine is for sale within your budget, no dodgy bodywork or 'scum' on the inside either! 28700 miles with full main dealer history. I bought it from someone on here and did my homework first (is my second 350Z) and it has been a pleasure to own.

Chris :)

Wrong colour I'm afraid chris, made quite a few enquiries about a Nismo kitted car in essex thats advertised on the trader and PH and the sellers have been very helpful sending me copies of receipts etc. However, i've eventually found out that at least 2 services can't be accounted for and despite assurances that the leather is 'immaculate' i can see major scuffing in the drivers seat pic that they've sent me. for that and other reasons I can smell a rat, so have saved myself a 240 mile round trip.

Just booked a viewing at a small independant dealers for Sat morning - 53 plate, FNSH, 38k miles, 4 owners - ticks all of the spec boxes. The dealer has been good enough to e-mail me some quality pics of the seats, which show some wear but nothing excessive, and he's given me the numbers from the Mot cert, which enables me to do the Mot history check online.

I know, its a dealer, but he's been very helpful and honest so far.

Just a thought but does anyone think theres a place for prospective owners to place reviews of cars they have been to see and discounted? might save some people alot of time and possibly indicate problems that some may miss.

PHEW,glad its the wrong colour for you..... lol

Im in Brackley,and hope to get a 350 very soon,so when iv got one,itd be great to meet up with a few people and chat etc from around my way.

Born and bread in Essex though,that I will never forget! :yahoo:

Im in Brackley,and hope to get a 350 very soon,so when iv got one,itd be great to meet up with a few people and chat etc from around my way.

There were a few floating around in Brackley at one point but I haven't seen any of the others for quite a while now (I have previously seen a Black Convertible, Blue Convertible, and a normal Silver one). Mines the Chilli Red one if you see it whizzing about :)

I cant remember seeing a red one around town,iv seen a black GT-R and a black 370 coupe,but no chiil red 350. No doubt il see you when I get mine. The beer festival last weekend was fun,I was as state,but not as much as some of them!

There were a few floating around in Brackley at one point but I haven't seen any of the others for quite a while now (I have previously seen a Black Convertible, Blue Convertible, and a normal Silver one). Mines the Chilli Red one if you see it whizzing about :)

Right, I'm p1ssed off and starting to think if its ever destined to happen.

The dealer phoned this afternoon (southern prestige cars) - a Bl**dy Nissan dealer has called him about the car. he allegedly said that i was viewing it, so they then offered him £500 more than his asking price. He called me and asked if i was willing to pay the price offered by the nissan dealers, to which i politely declined.

I know i wasn't desperate to buy, but didn't realise it would be this difficult to buy a 350, theres well over 400 different cars currently advertised on various internet sites and none both fit my specs - GM/Alzean/Rays and are in good condition.

Disheartened I might fall back onto plan B - Z3M coupe!

Right, I'm p1ssed off and starting to think if its ever destined to happen.

The dealer phoned this afternoon (southern prestige cars) - a Bl**dy Nissan dealer has called him about the car. he allegedly said that i was viewing it, so they then offered him £500 more than his asking price. He called me and asked if i was willing to pay the price offered by the nissan dealers, to which i politely declined.

I know i wasn't desperate to buy, but didn't realise it would be this difficult to buy a 350, theres well over 400 different cars currently advertised on various internet sites and none both fit my specs - GM/Alzean/Rays and are in good condition.

Disheartened I might fall back onto plan B - Z3M coupe!

How about this one?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201030364379738/sort/datedesc/usedcars/transmission/manual/colour/grey/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/body-type/coupe/price-to/17000/model/350_z/make/nissan/page/1/searchcontext/alert/radius/1501/postcode/mk57dp?logcode=p

or this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201029363734162/sort/datedesc/usedcars/transmission/manual/colour/grey/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/body-type/coupe/price-to/17000/model/350_z/make/nissan/page/1/searchcontext/alert/radius/1501/postcode/mk57dp?logcode=p

The former looks quite tidy and fairly reasonably price but I'm sure there is room for negotiations