So cross this morning!

nixy

On my way to work this morning i came to a roundabout with lights on - single lane turns into 2 at the lights. Long queue at my side (turning right) but short queue on the left side to go straight on and left. I was at the back of the queue and so still in the bit that was single carriageway and JUST turning into two lanes - I was over to the right as much as I could........you know what's coming don't you??? Some stupid cow behind me decides she wants to get past me on the inside to join the shorter queue and squeezed her stupid little tan can past me and clonked my wing mirror! At the time i couldn't see if there was any damage and I really wanted to chase after her but was stuck in my queue. I got her number though - i was memorising it all the way to work while fuming! Only a couple of small scratches but it did make me wonder if she HAD knocked it off would i have had any chance whatsoever of claiming off her? Lucky it was only a scratch - even the mirror glass alone for the zed is £86!!! And breathe..................

I suppose if the glass had smashed or the unit knocked off then if i couldn't have chased her and wrung her neck i would have called the police......

I can't disagree about some women drivers either - bloody shocking, putting lipstick on at traffic lights and generally giving the rest of us a bad name!

The police call it as mentioned "hit & run". Call them asap with the details, I hate twonkers who barge past and cause damage. Dont let her get away with it mate. Those are the type who hit your car in the carpark and then drive off.

REPORT IT!!! :thumbs:

I would report it nix........ at the end of they day someone has damaged your property, doesnt matter how small it is....

If they put their hand out to say sorry or showed some form of regret to show it was a mistake I would norm say to just leave it. But hey.......... she didnt so get on the phone to the coppers....... and am sure you know a few ;)

Who needs a dsi for brain training eh lol just get your car bumped and see if you can remember the regy :lol::blush:

I wouldn't bother - the police have little interest in these things at the best of times. I've had clients involved in hit and runs whose cars have been rendered undriveable and who have sustained injury and still the police just take down details and do nothing. Our local force seem delighted to parade their impounded uninsured cars but these fell into their laps whilst investigating a hit and run takes time and effort...

I'm not suggesting the police are lazy but with budgets and cuts a hit and run with no injury is unilkely to be a priority.

I wouldn't bother - the police have little interest in these things at the best of times. I've had clients involved in hit and runs whose cars have been rendered undriveable and who have sustained injury and still the police just take down details and do nothing. Our local force seem delighted to parade their impounded uninsured cars but these fell into their laps whilst investigating a hit and run takes time and effort...

I'm not suggesting the police are lazy but with budgets and cuts a hit and run with no injury is unilkely to be a priority.

I would still do it, could even turn out that the lady in question was uninsured herself

I would still do it, could even turn out that the lady in question was uninsured herself

They won't care.

They won't care.

I'm starting to think it might have been you and your trying to get away with it! :lol:

Similar type of incident happened to me fortunately I was driving the Wife's Micra at the time :)

I was driving up a narrow street doing about 25mph with cars parked on the opposite side of the road, barely enough room for two cars to pass. Anyway this women decides to pull out onto my side of the road to pass the parked cars, hardly even slows down as she heads towards me, moved over as far as I could to avoid her but couldn't move over any further or would have mounted the pavement, managed to miss her but her mirror hits my mirror knocking the back off and breaking the glass of both mirrors. I pulls in and asked her politely :rant: what she was doing, she said she had committed herself to pass the parked cars and I explained that she had come well over onto my side of the road in doing so and was at fault for the damage to my mirror. She said it was just one of those things and her mirror had been broken also and that it had been broken before, not surprising me thinks. Anyway I'm looking for her to pay for the damage as she was at fault and told her so in my diplomatic way :angry: Would have agreed to settle the matter without getting insurance companies involved and would have kept the costs to a minimum but she was having none of it. She decided to call the Police to explain what a nice gentleman I was praising her for her driving skills, they arrived and done the usual checks took statements and kind of told me to chill out for some reason :blush:

After surveying the road etc. they agreed with me that no way she could have passed me without coming onto my side of the road, Result! Phoned my insurance co. to report the accident etc. as she must have done the same because the next day gets a call from her insurance co. and the nice gentleman (w&nk£r) said it wouldn't be worth me claiming against his client as it was a knock for knock and these things happen all the time and I would be wasting my time pursuing it. Anyway thanked him for his well informed advice and said that I would just pay for new mirror myself and would indeed drop the case, aye right!! told him in a pleasant manner that why should I have to pay for a new mirror when his client was to blame as confirmed by the Police!

A few days later her insurers contacted my insurers and agreed to pay for the cost of the new mirror including painting, which probably cost her more in the long run. So yes it can be worth it but without witnesses etc. might be more difficult to pursue a claim.

Definitely report it Nix........... :thumbs:

Leaving the scene of an accident (however small) will result in points on her licence and a nice fine to boot.......

PM me the reg nix and I can tell you the make, model etc of the car ;)

As much as I hate this sort of thing, our resident solicitor Digsy is right - highly unlikely anything will be done and at the end of the day it will the 'cows' word against yours, if no other witness :shrug:

June had the wing mirror on her Jazz busted by a passing Sainsbury's delivery van. To his credit the driver stopped and details exchanged although he did not admit liability but experience told me, after visiting the store concerned to find that the incident would be reported to their insurers, that although there was no damage to the van the best this would end up would be on a knock for knock basis once it got in insurers hands. Not worth having a 'claim' recorded and agreed with the store we would not pursue and nor would they and just put my hand in my pocket for the £240 replacement wing mirror.

Less ongoing aggro all round and it was soon forgotten - which I would said might apply in your case Nixy?

I don't think anyone is suggesting going through insurance, more just reporting the 'lady' for her driving and damage caused. If she has done this to numerous people and all made complaints then maybe something would happen.

but then if she has done it loads and nobody can give a crap about reporting it then she gets away scot free.

The only way you know 100% that nothing will happen is if you do nothing about it yourself.

http://www.askmid.com/

use the link to check make model etc and also if she has insurance :thumbs:

Or send me the reg and I'll tell you all that info for free :)

It really winds me up when people damage cars and drive off.

FYI - the link is free for people to use as long as you click 'check your own car for free'. Useful tool if your in an accident and want to find out quick if the other party is insured.

There really is only a little scratch and to be honest i have to agree with Digsy and Colin - i'm just way to busy to be bothered with it. She was a crap driver who should take more care and I hope she scrapes her mirror against a wall sometime soon! :dry:

Immaterial of wither you want to claim insurance, it would be worth popping into your local police station to inform them and provide them with the registration number. They might go round to the woman's house and provide her with a caution for not stopping when she hit you, or they may just simply put it on their system as intel in case it happens again. For all you know she may have done it before or may do it again.