Almost just another statistic

wes.brook

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...saddest thing i've seen for a long time and i'm talking from experience - one second I was going around a roundabout in the wet - the next second im up the kerb backwards and off the road - a mud mound saved me from a drainage ditch - there, but for the grace of God go I!!!!

Genuinely, I really do appreciate all your words of support. Thank you to everyone who has taken time to post thus far.

Latest is, it's 95% sure to be repairable. It's a high(ish) value vehicle and limited edition to boot, so the repair shop is keen to revive her. I must say, I'm pleased to hear that.

Today I collected a short term hire car ('06 Vectra SRI). I am also pleased to say, within only a few minutes being behind the wheel, I had not lost the *spirit* to drive :D Having been so close to something so terrible, some people I'm sure would have lost the pleasure and confidence to drive. Not me :thumbs:

Having spent the afternoon is said "repmobile", I decided it necessary to create some signage for the world to read. By way of payback for your kind words, I attach this notice for anyone, either present or in the future, who should require this important document. Place in the rear window (or every window if you so wish) of your loan/hire/courtesy car, to ensure the general public are properly educated.

Genuinely, I really do appreciate all your words of support. Thank you to everyone who has taken time to post thus far.

Latest is, it's 95% sure to be repairable. It's a high(ish) value vehicle and limited edition to boot, so the repair shop is keen to revive her. I must say, I'm pleased to hear that.

Today I collected a short term hire car ('06 Vectra SRI). I am also pleased to say, within only a few minutes being behind the wheel, I had not lost the *spirit* to drive :D Having been so close to something so terrible, some people I'm sure would have lost the pleasure and confidence to drive. Not me :thumbs:

Having spent the afternoon is said "repmobile", I decided it necessary to create some signage for the world to read. By way of payback for your kind words, I attach this notice for anyone, either present or in the future, who should require this important document. Place in the rear window (or every window if you so wish) of your loan/hire/courtesy car, to ensure the general public are properly educated.

:lol: nice job Wes!

Quick update.

Not a "write off" thankfully. Estimate stands at £11k to fix. All being well, she will be up and running again in 3 to 4 weeks time.

So looking forward to having her back!

£11k!!!!!! That can't be far from a write off :scare:

Yeah... any idea of what's actually broken etc?

• 2 months later...