Almost just another statistic

wes.brook

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

good luck with it mate!

trying to lighten the tone of this thread..... I bet Sarnie is gonna come up with something along the lines, "my car is even more exclusive now" ;):lol:

I do have some morals :surrender:

Feel for you buddy :wacko: Maybe more than most cos that almost looks like my zed in a ditch :blush:

How did you stick it in there? :scare:

Thanks for the support. I hope they can fix her up.

A harrowing experience, knowing you have no control at all of the vehicle. First time anything like this has happened to me.

My GF is mad with me ('cause I'm sometimes not as careful as I should be on the roads), my boss is mad with me ('cause I missed a few meetings) and I'm mad with myself ('cause I'm a clown). I'm having a disappointing day!

Least I'm still alive and hopefully, *hopefully*, the Z can be fixed.

Goodbye 3 years no claims bonus. Cost me just over £2k for the renewal as it is (with a totally clean licence!). BD4 is not the safest place in the world.

How did you stick it in there? :scare:

From what I can remember, it stepped out one way, I over-corrected it, then she bit and spat me off the road (sideways(. Having travelled along wet grass for 30-40m, I had collected enough earth to slow me down.

I'm thankful there were no trees and/or posts. If I had hit one, I might not have been reporting this incident to you in person.

Had there been another car coming the other way, the whole thing would have been total carnage.

Still, I'm alive and well :blush: Hope the same can be said for number 173.

What visible damage is there?

Front bumper - Bent & Cracked.

Rear bumper - Same.

Exhaust pipe - Bent.

Door Mirror - Missing AFAIK ;)

Side Skirt - Bent.

Possible damage to the Driver's front body panel, not too sure though.

I was quite surprised at how well she had held up. No idea on damage to suspension and/or wheels, they were stuffed with grass and mud.

Glad your able to tell the tale, sure the Zed will fix up fine.

I did a very similar thing many years back, mine was written off but the car was worth less than the stereo in it......

In relation to another thread on here that has been raging for a bit, if its not still too raw to be answering questions. Are you on Bridgestones?

Dude, you hit the spot :headhurt: in an earlier post - lucky (?) there wasn't posts, trees or other traffic. Glad you made it out - hopefully the car is fixable.

I nearly lost it on a roundabout a week last Sat on a fruitless visit to the Red Bull Air Race nr Longleat - George (Hanel) was behind me and saw my unwanted gliding session around an adverse-camber, wet and oily, SMALL roundabout, where thank-the-heavens the ESP helped me out with much juddering of tyres and lack of intervention by untalented me.

As long as (1) I don't want to kill anybody else, and (2) I owe substantial money on this car: I won't be turning the ESP off.

Once I've had it for three years, had Andy Walsh training, and a few more laps of NBR, even then I won't turn ESP off on the roads - only a fool would IMHO - never mind yourself, think of the other people you can hurt. Turn the ESP off on the track, fair game. :surrender:

Now to wear my flame proof suit! :boxing:

Dude, you hit the spot :headhurt: in an earlier post - lucky (?) there wasn't posts, trees or other traffic. Glad you made it out - hopefully the car is fixable.

I nearly lost it on a roundabout a week last Sat on a fruitless visit to the Red Bull Air Race nr Longleat - George (Hanel) was behind me and saw my unwanted gliding session around an adverse-camber, wet and oily, SMALL roundabout, where thank-the-heavens the ESP helped me out with much juddering of tyres and lack of intervention by untalented me.

As long as (1) I don't want to kill anybody else, and (2) I owe substantial money on this car: I won't be turning the ESP off.

Once I've had it for three years, had Andy Walsh training, and a few more laps of NBR, even then I won't turn ESP off on the roads - only a fool would IMHO - never mind yourself, think of the other people you can hurt. Turn the ESP off on the track, fair game. :surrender:

Now to wear my flame proof suit! :boxing:

Cancel the flame suit order. You are talking sence, and I agree with your sentiment.