Why did you buy a Zed ?

jimgallaher

Had my eye on Zs for ages, not only are they damn sexy, but they really hit the sweet spot of performance vs price vs quality/looks which actually makes them liveable with and realistic

Problem was, I couldn't drive (lay off, I lived in the city and never got round to it!!)

anyway, I passed my test and one year later I was out in the countryside, roof down, foot buried in the carpet, ears drinking in that sweet rising exhaust note round some twisties up a hill! (that was this evening! :drive1:teeth: )

When the 350z first came out a friend at work managed test drive one from a dealership and somehow kept the car for a week! It was Azure and boy oh boy it gleamed. He took me out for a spin and by chance we hit the A3 from Weybridge heading north. Down the slip 50mph, and before I new it we hit a ton and kept going!! The whole car as a package from that point was perfect. Sound, Looks, Comfort, Gadgets, Performance. All in all I couldn't fault it. Anyway at that time the prices were holding very well, I’d look at the 2nd hand dealer list every so often to watch the price. I got to a point that I was going to purchase at £23k - but held off due to relocating to Birmingham. Another year passed and whenever I saw a Z on the road a small puddle of dribble would appear at my feet. I knew I would have one - one day!

It was then another good 6 months (after driving the other half's MGTF 135) I suddenly got the urge. From the MG being a great corner muncher I had to get back on the net to find my new car! I spent the next 3 months looking daily on Autotrader. Then one day one popped up - funny enough Azure. The decision between Silver or Black was eating me up, but Blue was my virgin experience. Lets go see the car.

The dealership were funny with me asking if I just wanted to have a drive in the car - as the previous customer was out just for a spin. Anyway I said that I want to have a good look round the car and take her for a spin. She started her up - and I thought straight away that's my car! It was immaculate - still in warranty, good mileage and came with all the added extra's. I couldn't moan, although it was a couple of grand more than I wanted to pay, but still this was going to be my car - it was just too perfect.

I took her for a spin - and strangely enough the sales lady was a petrol head - we hit the dual carriageway and she said boot it one! I had to oblige - this is still my car!!

Got back to the dealership - smiling like a Cheshire cat and placed my identification details on her sales desk to purchase the car. The best decision I ever made - despite being the first Z that I saw. Like others have said - I just drive because it's the most satisfying, all round car. It turns heads, I've had people take photo's of it in little villages but the best part about it is..... it's a Nissan. Not a Porsche or Ferrari, or even an Aston. it's a Nissan and I think that makes it a little more special - it's the dark horse that rises above the rest of the competition because it has character and isn't pretentious!

Sorry for the long story..... :snack:

Love muscle cars but can't really afford one, changed direction and started looking at Supras, thanksfully I came accross the Zed while doing some research, just what I needed, lots of torque, good looking, not common, easy to drive. 12 months now and I still madly in love :cloud9:

Was gonna buy a 911 c4s, crashed my previous car, insurance went through the roof as only 21 at the time. Bought the missus a new car as I thought i was gonna keep my car. Within a month door handles were falling of going over bumps as it wasn't fixed right. Drove to Nissan to buy an older standard gt, seen the nismo and fell in love and bought. The guy wouldn't haggle as he knew I was gonna buy anyways and if I didn't someone else would.

My mate actually owned an Azure with Rays from new and I loved it. He sold it as he needed the cash for a new house. I turned it down as I'd just bought my place.

A year later I bought one.

I had to have one. I looked at loads of cars. My list of requirements was 2 seats and rwd. That was it. Looked at loads of cars and after testing a few the Zed was just the best for my requirements.

The reason I wanted a two seater was to be able to own a nice sporty car when I was young and before I was doomed to mondeo estate family wagons. My Mum thought I was mad until I asked her what she thought of my Dad when he goes out cruising in his SL summer toy - her reply 'he looks rediculous, he's 50 and bald and cruising about in a bright red convertible.' It then clicked that it was actually good to do it now!

4 years later I still have it and still love it!

I always wanted one ever since I saw one on the road.

Got promoted about a month ago or just over and then decided to just do it. Best thing about it: Where I live there are no others apart from a couple of 370zs, I still haven't seen any on the road in the past month apart from 2 in my car park at work.

I also bought mine because it's now or after I have children and they've left home, which seems like another lifetime away.

I was going to buy a Boxter but after reading horror stories about the engines going pop and the price of spares :yuck: I decided the zed roadster was a better option :#1: plus.....

Porsche's are like dog poo there's always one on every street! :lol:

Its probably the only convertible a hetro male can own without the need to change your occupation to a hair dresser. :doh:

I get to argue with American's on the Xbox "Oh gee man a 350zeee!!!" errr No mate its pronounced ZED :boxing:

last reason is really deep down inside erm.. The bad guy in Tokyo Drift had one :lol:

My Golf GT TDI was getting a bit old. Bought my wife an S-MAX for the kids and my annual milage went down, so I could justify something less practical. Didn't want another generic looking hatchback (found myself driving with a golf in front & behind too many times). 

Started to look around for cars in my price range. Porsches had inter galactic milage & poverty specs whereas the GT came with just about everything as standard.

After months of looking for the right one, found a zed with with the right spec. It had Nismo wheels & exhaust (didn't known what Nismo was at the time). Thought it might be too flash but my wife loved it! Didn't need any more encouragement than that. Bought the zed a couple of days later.

Now I find myself driving to work early & coming home early just so I can drive my zed. Buying loads of products to wash, clean, polish & wax her. 

Think we need a zed addiction sub forum!

Cheers

Geo

Hi members,

I work as a boring accountant sitting in an office 5 days a week, so i needed something exiting instead of an a-b car.

I was looking for a sporty kind of 2 seater after selling my VX220 Turbo.

I looked at Z4/S2000/M3/TT but after test driving them, something wasnt quite there.

After driving the z I knew i had to have one.

1 month later I found a silver 2004 plate Nismo, Ive had it for only three weeks and can say um very happy with it.

I cannot say its more exciting as the vx220 but easier to get in and out off and has a decent boot for shopping.

The Mrs also loves it.

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

Hi members,

I work as a boring accountant sitting in an office 5 days a week, so i needed something exiting instead of an a-b car.

I was looking for a sporty kind of 2 seater after selling my VX220 Turbo.

I looked at Z4/S2000/M3/TT but after test driving them, something wasnt quite there.

After driving the z I knew i had to have one.

1 month later I found a silver 2004 plate Nismo, Ive had it for only three weeks and can say um very happy with it.

I cannot say its more exciting as the vx220 but easier to get in and out off and has a decent boot for shopping.

The Mrs also loves it.

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

VX220 turbos are very nippy cars. Are you missing the agility and handling?

I find zeds don't feel fast but in reality they can shift.

Cheers

Geo

Regrettably, had my VX220 Turbo declared a total loss!!

Initially, I wanted another VX (or Elise) but decided to try something a bit different. I've always liked the 350Z and research certainly confirmed them as a strong 'drivers car' (ignoring the one obvious negative review - which was covered well on this forum recently!).

I do miss the VXT though. Mainly the response and 'connectedness' to the road - you can't beat unassisted steering on the Elise chassis. I also miss the immediacy of the Turbo in such a light car.

That said: the 350Z obviously has strong points. The very useable torque, linear power delivery and muscular look (for a seven year old car I think the 350Z looks great). Also, it inspires much more confidence when have some fun on the road.

Very happy with the 350Z now... took a while to get used to it after the VXT... after 6 months of ownership I really enjoy the car now. :)