Sqeuaking Brembo Brakes

Demolition49

Maybe its just me me Mr search button but we don't get along and couldn't see anything regarding this subject so anyway...

My brakes when warmed up squeak constantly while moving slowly, its like every revolution of the wheel there is a squeak, it sounds as if its coming from all four corners of the car, it stops when i apply the brake pedal, any ideas? :shrug:

Maybe its just me me Mr search button but we don't get along and couldn't see anything regarding this subject so anyway...

My brakes when warmed up squeak constantly while moving slowly, its like every revolution of the wheel there is a squeak, it sounds as if its coming from all four corners of the car, it stops when i apply the brake pedal, any ideas? :shrug:

Copa Slip is your friend :thumbs:

Remove pads and copper grease the back of the pads and shims where it meets the pistons on the caliper. Mines do this every 6-8 months

Edit: horrendous iphone spelling error corrected

Alex, what's the difference between copa slip and copper grease? I'm sorry I don't know but I'm just about to fit new pads and was wondering what's the best to use?

They are similar products mate.

Audi do a superb "grease" Can't remember the name of it tho.

I have been using a PBC of late with superb results which resists heat up to 1200 C toboot. :thumbs:

if it does it on every revolution of the wheel without the brake being pressed, then it hows signs of your disk being slightly warped.

As you said once the brake pedal is pressed it stops. Thats becasue the pad pushes against the disk causing a constant connection to the disk, when its depressed, the disk warp slightly catches a pad on each turn. Just like when you have a buckle bike wheel and it catches the V brake on every turn. Try copper slip, first though. while doing it, spin the disk and look for any warping.

Alex, what's the difference between copa slip and copper grease? I'm sorry I don't know but I'm just about to fit new pads and was wondering what's the best to use?

They are similar products mate.

Audi do a superb "grease" Can't remember the name of it tho.

I have been using a PBC of late with superb results which resists heat up to 1200 C toboot. :thumbs:

Never used it but the name is 'PlasticLube' if I remember correctly. Somebody has mentioned on here before if I recall.

Then they might be shot happened to me when they got down to the metal! Thought it sounded like a bearing

Your brake pads might be shot... :scare:

;) I know why this is happening...

You wash your wheels everyday with a hose...?

My pads are already low mate :)

No i wash them with rag and alloy cleaner :clap:

Your brake pads might be shot... :scare:

;) I know why this is happening...

You wash your wheels everyday with a hose...?

My pads are already low mate :)

No i wash them with rag and alloy cleaner :clap:

I wash weekly with a hose to the wheels/discs and my Brembos exhibit excatly the same symptoms as OP.

What's the problem with using a hose??

You could be washing off the stuff (grease) that stops it squeel. You got new brakes don't you? Did you guys use grease and shims when fitting your front brakes? :shrug:

Shouldnt be a problem with a normal hose, but a pressure washer directed at the brake pad area may wash out the grease :headhurt:

You could be washing off the stuff (grease) that stops it squeel. You got new brakes don't you? Did you guys use grease and shims when fitting your front brakes? :shrug:

didn't think Brembos had shims :blush:

WEVE BEEN OVER THIS! :angry:

02vikingGod.jpg

WEVE BEEN OVER THIS! :angry:

:teeth: