New range rover

Husky

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JLR are certainly producing some nice looking cars, though I don't actually see any purpose for this besides being the usual x5, q7 etc etc Chelsea tractor, but that's besides the point, they have certainly upped their game in the design stakes.

If only they put half as much effort into ensuring their dealer network and customer services provided an ownership experience to match it. That is seriously letting the side down at the moment IMHO.

Once they have sorted that out they will be one of the "targets". Rather than JLR cars being compared to the german brands, it will be the other way round. They may have blown any repeat business prospects from myself and my family, but there is probably still time for everyone else.

Just start kicking some of the pi55 poor dealers up the backside or removing their license to sell JLR cars alltogether. They could do worse than to start with what is in my opinion the shower of sh*te that is hatfields in Sheffield.

so they give it as gay name (I guess that was one of the few names starting in E that Lotus don't own) and style it for girls - how to alienate 50% of the market in a single go :thumbdown:

Should have stuck to "RR Storm" and the orange of the original show car

Would make a good foil for the Zed.

I run a Range Rover Sport as well as the Zed and tbh it gets a LOT more use than the Zed as its just so easy to drive - great visibility,v comfortable with heaps of room,no worry re potholes,crap roads and speed ramps,goes absolutely anywhere.

Doesn't compare to the Zed for when you want to enjoy the drive/go for a blast etc but i guess its horses for courses.

personally i dont think it looks girly, it looks genderless which i think is a really hard thing to design for and appeals to everyone. so it seems odd to then swing it over to 50% of the market, yes.

It doesn't look girly - YET - but wait until the Design consultant's had her skinny fingers all over the interior :lol:

is that the concept in the photo or is that the finished article?

thats the baby :)

victoriax-wide-community.jpg

That photo right there makes me instantly despise it. I really can't do with that useless, talantless, would be asking people if they want fries with that if she wasnt married to a footballer, pouting bint.

I really think it looks great but it confuses me. Its £30-35k right? And its being aimed at women...but clearly not mothers as its got 3 doors. If I'm getting this right its going to be marketed as a chunky looking fashion accessory for wealthy childless women (or possibly a second car for mothers) - a sort of pumped up Audi TT but £10k more. It may well be very succesful on that basis but am I missing something?

I really think it looks great but it confuses me. Its £30-35k right? And its being aimed at women...but clearly not mothers as its got 3 doors. If I'm getting this right its going to be marketed as a chunky looking fashion accessory for wealthy childless women (or possibly a second car for mothers) - a sort of pumped up Audi TT but £10k more. It may well be very succesful on that basis but am I missing something?

a bit like a honda hrv but not so gay :lol:

Maybe consider it as an updated, upmarket, blingy, Suzuki Jeep for rich hairdressers ?

oh and I like it too :)

a bit like a honda hrv but not so gay :lol:

I did think "Oh God, its the new Joy Machine!" when I watched the vid... :headhurt::surrender:

Bearing in mind I was told that JLR's largest market (up to 80%) is the US, then a lot of this practicality discussion will just waft over the heads of our American friends, who will lap it up in massive numbers due to its nice styling, and now greener image.

Im guessing that the customer service and dealer network in the US are much better at their jobs than their UK counterparts. IMHO the US customers would stand for nothing more than a good quality ownership experience otherwise they would be getting slated. Although Im not the greatest advocate of copying American attitudes, perhaps the UK based customer facing section of JLR could learn a thing or two from the US on this occasion.

The Q7 from Audi looks like a massive and very practical 4 x 4 vehicle, but in my opinion it plain sucks at that job and is nothing more than an expensive 7 seater taxi. The boot space is smaller than all its competitors, the seat folding is awkward and uneven, and the boot opening is smalle than a seat leon. Yet people still buy them. This would appear to have it beat on styling, certainly the green credentials and will be that bit smaller so will prise people out of the Q5 too (which is just stupidly overpriced). The actual practicality of it will probably be quite a way down on a buyers priority list.