Brembo upgrade afterthoughts

andlid

SO Had my JDM brakes upgraded to Brembo's (front only for now) and took her out on track today.

WAS a bit 'scared' of the braking since I didn't know what to expect from them... so took it easy the first couple of laps down in Mondello and the more I got confidence in them and my install the harder and later I was breaking. B) They are far from amazing in the difference, I think I need to bleed the system properly and also install the rear Brembo discs, calipers and pads before I make my judgement. Also ordering new lines since I dont trust the spunge ones that comes with them. So not 100% impressed with the Brembo setup, will be looking to get a new set of discs and pads once I've worn these ones down, they did however not get anywhere NEAR cooked which is :thumbs: ! It's a tight fit with the 17" though! :scare:

Anyone esle use any different setup for tracking? (With Brembo calipers?)

IMAG0528.jpg

What pads? What fluid did you put in there? Brake lines will make a world of difference, really should be everyone's first mod IMHO. :)

lines on the way! :D I hope! Ferrodo fluid was the only one I could find.

still looking for my first customer for a project MU big brake kit with heavy discount added :p

Pm details please :teeth:

still looking for my first customer for a project MU big brake kit with heavy discount added :p

I'm still in ;) I'm just muchos poor right now :lol:

So you're not really in... :lol:;)

I will be once I get some cash together :p

I'm still in ;) I'm just muchos poor right now :lol:

So you're not really in... :lol:;)

I will be once I get some cash together :p

So... you're a sub... ;):lol:

What pads? What fluid did you put in there? Brake lines will make a world of difference, really should be everyone's first mod IMHO. :)

Interesting... but how do new brake lines make such a difference?

Goodridge lines (for example) are braided so flex much much less when you press the pedal, giving improved feel and shorter stopping distances.

Generic brake fluid then. Not that that is no good for the car as it's perfectly acceptable, but for the minor extra cost I'd put the RBF600 in as you'll kill that fluid very quickly on track which takes a lot of the point of getting decent brakes away. :)

Generic brake fluid then. Not that that is no good for the car as it's perfectly acceptable, but for the minor extra cost I'd put the RBF600 in as you'll kill that fluid very quickly on track which takes a lot of the point of getting decent brakes away. :)

I'll go for a local hunt tomorrow, worked 'fine' for the day I guess... local motor factors are a bit lost when it comes to higher performance stuff.

;)

I'll go for a local hunt tomorrow, worked 'fine' for the day I guess... local motor factors are a bit lost when it comes to higher performance stuff.

;)

Most places that sell the braided lines should carry a line of fluids too.

And if not, the Opie Oils are sure to have what you are after