Pleasant little boost with R32

maxi-glasgow

Was heading into Glasgow from out in Partick and came up to lights to go down onto Clydeside Expressway and a new red R32 was sitting in front of me. Was a young guy driving so presumed he would gun it so stuck the D1 into SP5 in readiness...

Indeed he put the foot down but I kept with him round the sweeping right hand slip road and the expressway was pretty clear so we both gave it some wellie. I stuck with him easier than I thought. He pulled in to let me go past and then came out behind me, I waited till we went past a couple of cars then dropped it again and started pulling away. Put the brakes on when we approached some cars again incase someone decides to pull out without looking.

Once by I went again, and once again I pulled away from him. Then I braked to stop at lights at end of the expressway and he went into left hand lane to go onto M8, but before going he stopped and gave me a little wave.

It's always nice when people give you a little recognition like that.

Was heading into Glasgow from out in Partick and came up to lights to go down onto Clydeside Expressway and a new red R32 was sitting in front of me. Was a young guy driving so presumed he would gun it so stuck the D1 into SP5 in readiness...

Indeed he put the foot down but I kept with him round the sweeping right hand slip road and the expressway was pretty clear so we both gave it some wellie. I stuck with him easier than I thought. He pulled in to let me go past and then came out behind me, I waited till we went past a couple of cars then dropped it again and started pulling away. Put the brakes on when we approached some cars again incase someone decides to pull out without looking.

Once by I went again, and once again I pulled away from him. Then I braked to stop at lights at end of the expressway and he went into left hand lane to go onto M8, but before going he stopped and gave me a little wave.

It's always nice when people give you a little recognition like that.

That is a fun stretch of road :)

Sorry to sound thick, but whats the R32?

R32 skyline? (guess not as you said new)

R32 Golf? (wouldnt have thought you'd have trouble keeping up with one of those, i guess being on a 350z forum you were in a 350z?)

Is there another R32 that i have missed? :wacko::blink::bangin::shrug:

Sorry to sound thick, but whats the R32?

R32 skyline? (guess not as you said new)

R32 Golf? (wouldnt have thought you'd have trouble keeping up with one of those, i guess being on a 350z forum you were in a 350z?)

Is there another R32 that i have missed? :wacko::blink::bangin::shrug:

I would definitely say Golf. I would have thought it wasn't so easy to keep up with one of these to be honest, good to know he did though. Pretty tidy machines the R32s.

Sorry for the confusion. Can you get a 'new' R32 Skyline? ;)

It was an R32 Golf. Always liked the look of these Golfs and they are fast cars indeed. Something like a 3.2L engine producing 250BHP.

I would imagine they come in at less weight than the Zed as well, although not 100% sure.

The golf is no longer called the R32 - its just the Golf R. It now has the 2.0 TSI engine from the Vag range, 270bhp from a 2.0. Not bad going. 0-60 5.5 seconds and torque of 350Nm, and weighs in at about the same as the 350 at just over 1500kg.

So a very even match on paper imho.

Top gear track:

- 350z (VQ35DE) 1:31:8

- R32 Mk IV 1:33:3

- 370z 1:27:5 :scare: not really if you consider the bhp difference and handling improvements

Bedford autodrome:

- 350z(VQ35DE) 1:32:05

- R32 Mk V 1:32:55

Nurburgring (nordschliefe)

- 350z(VQ35DE) 8:26

- R32 Mk IV 8:37

- R32 Mk V 8:49

other rivals here:

- Porsche Boster s (276BHP) 8:18

- Audi TT-s 8:29

- BMW Z4 3.0Si 8:32

- lotus exige S2 8:32

- S2000 8:39

Nuff said ;)

http://www.fastestlaps.com

My apprentice has a mark 5 r32 and it's nowhere near as quick as my zed. 0-60 is well over 6 seconds. The New R is much more refined and has better performance. The r32 has one of the best sounding v6's I've heard.

My apprentice has a mark 5 r32 and it's nowhere near as quick as my zed. 0-60 is well over 6 seconds. The New R is much more refined and has better performance. The r32 has one of the best sounding v6's I've heard.

Exactly, there is no 2 ways about it really the mk5 r32 is slower on a track and in raw power?