Nismo Exhaust

geoff-r

Nismo for me all day long :yahoo: Had it fitted for a few years back now and sounds wonderful and would choose no other system, fits great and no quality issues. :) And imported in from the states for £700 when the pound was worth a few more dollars. :lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would buy Nismo but only second hand ...

Thats a valid point though regarding the fact that Nismo comes with a Y Pipe as the scorpion runs you around 350 delivered then add the price of a decent Y pipe on to that like the motordyne thats another 420 delivered ...

Theres £770 already ... not much further until Nismo money.

Hmmmm this thread is making me doubt where to go ... someone put up a decent priced Nismo in the enxt few months please :p

sorry im not disagreeing lads just a discussion, i was just wondering if there were any actual facts about it, whether it was the type of materials used or the manufacturing process was your basis for it being a better exhaust. As i said, my car had a nismo exhaust on it and im fortunate enough to have driven with various exhausts.. i nearly bought another but then i thought about it and never, im talking on value for money id say i would buy something else as you are buying the name which nismo manage to overprice... for instance nissan/nismo wheels, rays, cost a fortune but have the shittest finish on them for paint bubbling etc sometimes you can pay more for the name rather than what your getting.. fair play if your exhaust is still going strong but that wasnt the direction i was trying to take the discussion... purely that you can get very high quality exhausts for alot less cash. you's were fortunate to get yours for very good prices.

chris the scorpion can be picked up for around 285 + 15 delivery, even with the standard y-pipe it sounds great.. no drone at all

id be suprised if you can pick up a nismo new for less than 1200 quid

Whats Used Nismo Money ... good condition?

Where do you get it at that price Neil? Is it raspy though? Want a nuice tone like the Nismo ... deepish with a bit of grunt at top end.

On another note what would be money on a new Tanabe Hyper Medallion Touring exhaust system?

put up a decent priced Nismo in the enxt few months please :p

Good luck! Thats another added benefit of Nismo, they are rare as rocking horse poop second hand, so demand a good resale price :thumbs:

As mentioned above, the Scorpion doesnt come with a Y-pipe. Now if you are planning to remap in the future that is definately something you need to factor it, its one of the most restrictive parts of the stock exhaust system.

As far as facts about better materials, I dont have the facts, but having handled both, the Scorpion definately felt less substantial and the pipework didnt feel as thick. Doesnt mean its not as good, but like for like, both made from stainless steel, the Nismo "felt" like better quality pipe work. Scorpion is also more raspy top end compared to the Nismo which generally means its thinner materials as they resonate more.

i'd agree that the nismo is thicker materials, even the standard exhaust has thicker materials than the scorpion....

Does the nismo come with a decent warranty?

my nismo got sold for 600 quid with 16000 on it, still in pretty decent condition...

chrisuuc, its a company called junction26m1 on ebay, roadrunner motorsport i think the shops called. ordered on monday afternoon and was with me on tuesday morning.

mines sound pretty deep all the way through the range, i think most people find it raspier with a different y-pipe which is the case with all the youtube videos, jay and cragus, paulie, vik54, gizmo-r and all the other guys up here have heard mine in person many times and theyll be able to tell you.

chrisuuc- just checked and they've adjusted there prices i think

best price now is ppd-uk 292 plus 15 delivery

Haha I know, right old debate going on. What can I say. I've had an offer for one and no amount of debating will sway me. I'm not a brand whore as such, it's just I've wanted a Nismo exhaust for ages, of course, money be no object I'd have to go Amuse!

Blueflame is nice, but I have my heart set on a Nismo! By the way how much did it set you back Chris?

£525 fitted mate. It's a lovely sounding exhaust. You can have a listen when you get back on the road! :)

I must admit though, the nismo was my first choice! I love it but it was just too expensive for me and I needed a new one because the oem was blowing.

Chris what does the blueflame sound like? Deep or raspy? Also where did you get it?

Thanks, chris

Its deep at low revs (but not too deep) and it has a lovely rasp if you put your foot down at 3k revs. Its a lovely sounding exhaust. I'll try to get a video up of what it sounds like from the rear asap.

I bought it from a authorized dealer (garage) near me in Wales. They also fitted it.

Hope this helps mate :thumbs:

How much unfitted with them? Does this include Y pipe

Have heard alot of mixed reoports about blueflame ... I take it you are happy with it dude?

Geoff-r - Do you mind me asking what type of money the Nismo your after is fetching 2nd hand?

Many thanks, Chris