Nismo Exhaust

geoff-r

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me a sucker for the names but I really want a Nismo one. I've always wanted the expensive exhausts, you can't beat the build quality, but to be honest I can't comment on the Scorpion one having never seen one in the flesh.

Nismo exhausts have failed but I've never heard of a scorpion failing. Nismo is a very subtle exhaust and sometimes not even noticable except the name. A few guys have got it on here who have made they're alot louder by changing the y-pipes etc. Scorpion comes with a lifetime warranty and looks very similar. I thought about another nismo one but I think the money asking for it is very unjustified. I think chilli-red organised a group buy or something and your well over a grand for it even with that, and that is cheap compared to what the stealers want. If your in that sort of money then there is alot better exhausts for the money. Spend wisely

I have never heard anyone say that the Nismo sounds like stock. In my opinion it still in the top three exhaust for the zed and well worth the cost. :):)

I never said that it sounded stock but in real figures, there is other exhausts which sound nicer and better quality for the same money. I do like the nismo but it never had enough beef for me with the standard y-pipe. I like a bit louder. As I said mines had It but got taken off and sold, then came the k1 for a laugh, and now the scorpion. I simply Wouldn't spend the money on one now after finding alternatives for similar prices.

just becasue something is expensive doesnt mean its great quality. Your paying for the name, not good quality, alothough you would expect them to go hand in hand, my expeience is thats not always the case.

After alot of looking into exhausts myself, i found alot of well know brands to have good reviews and comments and cost peanuts compared to brands like Nismo and HKS.

If your a brand whore then there no point trying to tell you otherwise, go out and spank silly money on one. Simple answer. If it were me, id be looking more towards the middle price bracket. everyone has said it but scorpion are good for an uprated subtle exhaust. Which is what the nismo is anyway.

Look at the Nismo as an investment. Sure its expensive to buy, but there is always demand to shift them on.

IMO having heard many many Nismos and Scorpions, while the Scorpion is certainly the best exhaust at its price point, it doesnt touch the Nismo for the noise. Maybe at idle they are about the same, but once moving, and certainly once up the rev range the Nismo wins hands down. Build wise, its true that there may not be that much in it to look at, but the Nismos are very good quality. Not saying the Scorpion isnt, but the Nismo is better.

Also remember a good chunk of the cost of a Nismo is importing it and Scorpion IIRC are still made in the UK. So yes you pay for the brand, but you get a lot of money back afterwards, which I'm not convinced you will on a Scorpion.

selling on a scorpion 2nd hand i wouldnt imagine would get near as much percentage back of the buy price new compared to that of a nismo, the principle is like car buying, take a hyundai or a beemer, sure the hyundai offers a 7 year warranty, so surely they must be built to a good standard, but you would want the beemer....surely

if i had a zed, id personally be looking at an amuse, big dosh, but exceptional quality! titanium :thumbs: definately my favourite system

Agree with the above ... in a nutshell Chris is correct.

The nismo is possibly the only exhaust that got me drooling over the zeds before id bought one ... countless times re watching some American lad driving up and down his street on youtube just put it into perspective that I had to own one.

Unfortunately I will never spend £1000+ opn an exhaust ... if I was going to go high it would be to £600 at best for a Tanabe system or DC Sports. But after reviewing alot of the exhausts on here the scorpion seems to be the best all rounder ... Pair that with some quality HFC's and a good Y Pipe id say your flow rate will be just as good if all paired to a Nismo and thats what its all about in my opinion.

Id say spend the top dollar on Berks or Stillen HFC's and a Itchiba or going even better a Motordyne Y Pipe. :)

Thats my opinion on the whole thing ...

i have used a tanabe exhaust before, i was very very impressed

a couple of greddy systems for the 350 look and sound great too, pretty sure it was a greddy ( stock looking twin pipe ) system that i watched on youtube for ages when i had my Z and said i gotta have it!

The Scorpion does seem fine value and other than a dodgy ill-fitting batch knocking around a few years back I can't recall any criticism on here. However, I think the Scorpion is the exception as other cheap exhausts i.e. under £400 (and Japspeed springs to mind) seem to be a bit of a lottery.

When Nismos sere coming in around the £800 mark it was a no brainer for me but now I'm not so sure....

On what grounds is the nismo a better exhaust? Is this a matter of personal opinion or have you got a factual basis. I've heard of nismo'd failing but never a scorpion?

The nismo exhaust is retailing way over a grand and agree with the trader that if your gonna spend that sor of cash, a couple of hundred more and you have a top class titanium exhaust.

On what grounds is the nismo a better exhaust? Is this a matter of personal opinion or have you got a factual basis. I've heard of nismo'd failing but never a scorpion?

The nismo exhaust is retailing way over a grand and agree with the trader that if your gonna spend that sor of cash, a couple of hundred more and you have a top class titanium exhaust.

Is that directed at anyone in particular?

What Nismo's failed? The Y-pipes? They were due to de/sports-cats that had dodgy connectors. Adam@Z1 went through that in detail a few years ago. Other than that, I havent heard of any failing Nismos. My own Nismo covered about ~30k miles on AdrianKs car and a further ~30k on my car and never missed a beat. I'm not going to argue that the Scorpion is rubbish, it is far from that, but if you take the Nismo and Scorpion at the same time, the Nismo is clearly (or at least the last time I saw them together off a car ~2-3yrs ago) using more substantial materials. Scorpion are superbly made exhausts, I have one for my R6.

We'll just agree to disagree :shrug:

Only nismos I have heared of "failing" are those which run aftermarket cats.

You will also hear about more Nismo failings because there are a lot more of them about that the scorpion :)

(I'm not saying the scorpion is crap, but I'd like to see how it looks after a few winters)

A decent titanium exhuast is gonna set you back a minimum of £2k & even then it wont include a y-pipe (Price up an Amuse y-pipe if you fancy a laugh ;)), the one I'm looking at is around the price of a Nismo & thats just a Y-pipe back single exit.

The Nismo is a lot of money, but its also one of very few that actually come with a y-pipe :)

**Completley impartial view, I only buy Nismo stuff if I absolutley have to :blush: **