Colour change............ WRAPPED AT LAST.......

Dene8

Seems like it's months ago that my car was supposed to be painted and I was let down time and time again by the body shop...... so I opted for the cheaper and easier option and followed in sheep like fashion with a wrap B)

Went for a bright white finish with carbon Di-NOC roof and other bits of black and carbon dotted about the place.... totally transformed the car and my black LMGT's looks loads better now...

I'm well chuffed with the results....... Apologies for crappy phone pic, it's the only one I’ve got at the mo' and it really don't do it justice :bounce:

(i'll add more lovely lovely pics later)

Wrap2-1.jpg

how many pound notes did that cost if you dont mind me asking.

Im abit of a traditionalist with bodywork, i think id rather get a car painted and pay the extra, but only because they paint the door shuts etc.

Where as the idea of wrapping is great and fantastic being reversable is its big USP. But the though of opening the door and seeing a totally different colour, now that would bug the life out of me, only really works when a black car is wrapped white, black door shuts dont look so bad then.

Im abit of a traditionalist with bodywork, i think id rather get a car painted and pay the extra, but only because they paint the door shuts etc.

Where as the idea of wrapping is great and fantastic being reversable is its big USP. But the though of opening the door and seeing a totally different colour, now that would bug the life out of me, only really works when a black car is wrapped white, black door shuts dont look so bad then.

Door shuts can be wrapped too bud....... :thumbs:

My car was originally silver so you don't really notice when you open the door tbh, there's not a whole lot of body work on the inside anyway. Imagine it would be a different story if the cars orginal and new colour were a total contrast tho'.

I have a full matt orange wrap and my car was previosuly silver aswell, so i got the door sills etc wrapped so when you open the door, you would never know. The only place you can tell it has been wraped is when the boot lid is open. Dont get me wrong you could pay the extra and get that wrapped but........ that seems a little OTT for me :lol::blush:

What sort of paperwork do you need to fill out for this - car registration form with DVLA etc?

Do the insurance company increase premiums. Having a wrap would probably protect the car from scudd and scrapes so should reduce the insurance but I'm sure thy'll somehow make a case to increase it!!

Chris

P.S. Car looks sweet!

• 2 weeks later...
What sort of paperwork do you need to fill out for this - car registration form with DVLA etc?

Do the insurance company increase premiums. Having a wrap would probably protect the car from scudd and scrapes so should reduce the insurance but I'm sure thy'll somehow make a case to increase it!!

Chris

P.S. Car looks sweet!

Having it wrapped wouldnt decrease it, it'd be classed as a styling mod so would increase it i imagine, Insurance wise, because the car colour isnt permanently changed they dont need to know ( i think)

Chris

P.S. Car looks sweet!

Having it wrapped wouldnt decrease it, it'd be classed as a styling mod so would increase it i imagine, Insurance wise, because the car colour isnt permanently changed they dont need to know ( i think)

I think the insurance company will need to be notified

• 2 weeks later...

Chris

P.S. Car looks sweet!

I think the insurance company will need to be notified

Yes the insurance company would indeed, dene got stopped the other day for having a rear light out and they asked why it was a diff colour after putting it through the system and he simply showed them that it had been wrapped and all was ok :)