What exhaust other than K1 and measurement needed

tez162003

I fitted a K1 onto my car last week, the fit was poor, i can forgive that as i knew about the fitment in the first place, BUT they both sit too near the middle of the bumper (i.e. left exhaust sits too far to the right) this is causing massive rattling inside the car and will eventually melt the bumper.

So i spoke to Japspeed, they say its a problem with my bumper mouldings, so first question is, can a couple of people please measure there rear bumper from inside edge of each exhaust hole (the shortest distance between the 2 holes)

I want to check mine is correct.

That then leads onto if mine is incorrect theres no point changing the K1 as all exhausts will fit wrong, if mine is okay, i can send the K1 back. Thus meaning i want a new exhaust system.

What can i get for up to £600 (be nice if it had Y pipe but not gunna happen i know) that is similar to the K1 but better quality and fit etc, I like the loudness of the K1, so dont want a system with a massive rear silencer to shut it up. I like the loudness :)

Any Ideas, thanks for your help.

pic of how the japspeed sits, note how they pull into the middle of the bumper.

DSC06719.jpg

i spoke to Japspeed, they say its a problem with my bumper mouldings

Are they having a Giraffe? I did used to love my K1 but I will say the quality of japspeed stuff is crap :dry:

+1 !!!!! Shocking excuse... Am betting that Nissans QC on their bumpers is better than the QC on japspeed gear....

Anyway, Blueflame, scorpian, and for a few £ more there are 5zigens to be had.

This is a known problem with the tail end with the k-1 :bang: but there is some leeway to adjust it at the junction between the cans section and the mid sections ends. You can bend the hangers untill you get the right clearance. It is hard work ut with a lot of cursing and sweating the end result is good. There is a rattle/resonace that comes from the mid section touching on the crosmemeber underneath the car and the solution is in bending the midection hanger to lift this up or and to put 2-3flat washers to push the crossmember away from the pipe ;)

It is a shame that Japspeed cannot address such a simple problem but i guess its down to their supplier from China :p

Too be fair the bumper mouldings are a known zed problem :lol:

i've heard that a man in the factory runs at the bumper full speed from 3 meters away with this in his hand to cut the holes

00843400.jpg

Funny enough Nissan have just employeed this guy to make sure quality control is just right when they leave the factory, hes there to do the cut outs after the zorsts are fitted

a87_angle.jpg

But breaking news is that Japspeed have just announced their new Quality Control team...

stevie_wonder.jpg

david-blunkett.jpg

Ray+Charles.jpg

mr_magoo.jpg

So things should improve...

I think suppliers of cheap components should question the quality control of major manufacturers more often :snack:

Why? When they sell loads and people still fit them without worrying about the final result or the longevity then they are the ones laughing... All the way to the bank!

Too be fair the bumper mouldings are a known zed problem :lol:

i've heard that a man in the factory runs at the bumper full speed from 3 meters away with this in his hand to cut the holes

00843400.jpg

Funny enough Nissan have just employeed this guy to make sure quality control is just right when they leave the factory, hes there to do the cut outs after the zorsts are fitted

a87_angle.jpg

But breaking news is that Japspeed have just announced their new Quality Control team...

stevie_wonder.jpg

david-blunkett.jpg

Ray+Charles.jpg

mr_magoo.jpg

So things should improve...

:lol:

Japspeed - you should be ashamed... :nono:

My original ESR K1 was a perfect fit on my car. :shrug:

It was one of the first ones and an original "Copy" so QC would have prob been good... after all if they bought them in like they do now then they prob wouldnt have got very far!!

i cant slag off Japspeed too much, there customer service is good to a point i guess, i emailed them and was getting responces within 5 minutes. And there willing to give me a full refund.

So i need to find a better exhaust, better fit, better quality, more loud (well just nice an loud) no big rear silencers, like K2, scorpion etc.

Buddyclub looks good. but does anyone have some pictures of it fitted?

or any other exhaust recommendations. (preferably a pic too so i can see what it looks like)

Thanks

Simple solution :) Go single exit.

You will get the exhaust & y-pipe for just over £600

Its loud

No more lop sided exhaust

:D

cant believe no one bit...

single exit FTB :p

as for an exhaust, this is what you want....(not within your budget like...)

exhaust.png

that hks one has been completely polished as well aint it. thats why it looks so good.

Is that a standard rear bumper just cut or aftermarket?

As for exhausts, there's so much choice! But only a few with no big single rear silencer.

As said yesterday, Buddyclub looks good, and the one on ebay is sold by a company we deal with were i work, so if i did decide on that one, i shall be trying to blag a discount :) i just need to see pics of it fitted on a car first.