do you ever take vdc off?

sm1ke 350Z

do you drive with it on at all times? or always off?

ive never taken mine off too scared lol as i can see the slip light some times flashing at me,

if you drive with it off is there a big difference and what sort of times would you take it off for maybe track use?

Im am in no way a crazy driver but when im driving sprinted on an empty country road tcs never lights up.

+1

I very rarely get the TCS light up

no? i get slip light up i take it this is the same thing, its not constantly flashing lol im a very sensible drvier with no points e.c.t e.c.t but it comes on now and again and im seriously not chucking it into corners some times very slight bends taken at normall speeds (national speed limit roads) it will come on.

just realised i have odd tyre treads on the front axel ! And 2 bugdets on the rear not the best set up due to get 4 new this week end i take this may be causing it to kick in sooner?

Im am in no way a crazy driver but when im driving sprinted on an empty country road tcs never lights up.

+1

I very rarely get the TCS light up

no? i get slip light up i take it this is the same thing, its not constantly flashing lol im a very sensible drvier with no points e.c.t e.c.t but it comes on now and again and im seriously not chucking it into corners some times very slight bends taken at normall speeds (national speed limit roads) it will come on.

just realised i have odd tyre treads on the rear axel ! due to get 4 new this week end i take this may be causing it to kick in sooner?

Hardly ever get it :)

just realised i have odd tyre treads on the front axel ! And 2 bugdets on the rear not the best set up due to get 4 new this week end i take this may be causing it to kick in sooner?

That will be your problem, TCS is being over sensitive. Get the 4 new tyres on and scrubbed in and you shouldnt have any problems with TCS any more :thumbs:

Saying that I managed to get TCS to kick in 2nd to 3rd on a warm dry day last weekend, my mate Ben can testify. 370z has so much more power than my old 350z :teeth:

Off, like to be able to be in full control. Got a bad fright in a roundabout once that made me drive with off from then on.

So did steve......

Just be careful with it off on slight wet, esp where oil deposits can be found...

Off, like to be able to be in full control. Got a bad fright in a roundabout once that made me drive with off from then on.

So did steve......

Just be careful with it off on slight wet, esp where oil deposits can be found...

Steve?

So did steve......

Steve?

He had a bit of a bump on one of the Wales runs on a roundabout.

I usually drive with it off unless the road is wet :)

So did steve......

Steve?

Still have recollections of it when I look in my rear view mirror!! Still think it would have just been sorted with a bit of polish and it would have been good as new :)

So did steve......

Steve?

oh yeah saw that,,,

So did steve......

Steve?

For the record it was after the Wales run had officially ended, on the way home. He was very unlucky, but does show what happens ;)

When it's dry I have it off as I like the extra power you get when it's off :teeth:

:shrug: extra power?

Dont think so ;)

If you are driving within the limits of safe road driving, you should never have TCS kicking in on dry roads, except for the occasional wheel spin away from junctions if you need to get out quickly.

When it's dry I have it off as I like the extra power you get when it's off :teeth:

:shrug: extra power?

Dont think so ;)

If you are driving within the limits of safe road driving, you should never have TCS kicking in on dry roads, except for the occasional wheel spin away from junctions if you need to get out quickly.

that does depend on the roads... new M50 over here some of the slips are so sh*t that the TCS used to kick in while on the slip accelerating onto the motorway! :scare:

i was going to start a thread the other day asking this, I was led to believe my car didnt have an esp button i could switch off when i first got the car, then last week (only couple of days into owning the 350) i found the ESP button under the steering wheel on the dash. Turned it off had a go, bit of fun, back on it went lol.

Nice to know its there but i tend to just leave it on, unless i take my brave pills before i go out. :lol:

Tyres make a huge diffference.

On Bridgestone RE040s my ESP light used to come on a lot. Changed to T1Rs and it was fine, I have to provoke the car to get any loss of traction with it on or off.