BC Racing Coilys & Eibach Spacers on!! *Pic Heavy*

Ruddles

First of all many thanks to CS, ZMANALEX and TOYBOY for all the helpful information and parts! You're all :#1:

The photo's aren't too brill, we started at 10am and finished roughly 3-30pm. I forgot to change the aperture on some...there's a good reson for that, see if you can find the pic with the 'reason' in! :lol:

First of all quickly, does anyone know what this is? I'm sure If I look hard enough I will find the answer, but as I have a pic and a thread to post I'll just ask! :blush:

DSC02221.jpg

Install pics

DSC02224.jpg

DSC02225.jpg

DSC02226.jpg

DSC02227.jpg

DSC02228.jpg

DSC02229.jpg

DSC02230.jpg

DSC02231.jpg

DSC02232.jpg

DSC02233.jpg

DSC02234.jpg

DSC02235.jpg

DSC02236.jpg

DSC02237.jpg

DSC02238.jpg

DSC02239.jpg

DSC02240.jpg

DSC02241.jpg

DSC02242.jpg

DSC02243.jpg

DSC02244.jpg

DSC02251.jpg

DSC02253.jpg

For anyone who's interested in build pics, here's my mechanic's current project! :teeth:

DSC02245.jpg

DSC02246.jpg

DSC02247.jpg

DSC02248.jpg

DSC02249.jpg

First of all quickly, does anyone know what this is? I'm sure If I look hard enough I will find the answer, but as I have a pic and a thread to post I'll just ask! :blush:

DSC02221.jpg

That is prolly the cable for the secret boot release

My monies on GPS reviever :thumbs:

looks B) , is your mechanics project a 2 litre mini?! :scare:

Correct! :teeth: He's built it up from ground zero effectively, made most of the dependant parts his self (i.e. the inlet manifold and exhaust manifold) and is now in the stage now of whether to turbo it, once that mini's done (summer car) he's moving on to twin hyabusa engined mini. Crazy stuff! :scare:

Thanks for the comments guys!

So possibly GPS, secret boot release...reckon it's both items taped to the strut brace?

It's very peculiar...the BC's seems to actually ride a hell of alot better than the stock setup, they're all set at 16 clicks from hard at present, can't really feel any bumps, no bouncing yet cornering is much much better and there doesn't seem to be as much stepping out, even in the wet!

So good news !! :#1:

DSC02221.jpg

That is prolly the cable for the secret boot release

My monies on GPS reviever :thumbs:

Yep, GPS receiver. Boot release cable isn't visible on top of the strut bar.

What spring rates did you go for? And have you had it all set up yet with regards to tracking camber ? Looks really good :thumbs: Are you running 25mm spacers on the back?

16 click dampers all round, can't remember what we've set the rates at I'll see if I can find out find out :thumbs:

No, It's just wearing in, check it over again and then straight in for alignment this weekend, I'll find out then.

Thanks! I'm ecstatic with the way it looks now compared to standard! :teeth:

20mm eibach spacers front, 25mm eibach spacers rear!

The two rear pics show the difference of coilover and spacer installed on the left wheel pic against OEM in the right wheel pic, looking at the car from the rear.

I can honestly say they probably ride in terms of comfort much better than OEM setup (i.e. much smoother over bumps), they do not bounce like standard, nor does the car roll as much, in fact there's barely any body roll at all and yet digs into the corners like it's on rails! :teeth:

The best part of it is that I haven't even got it all aligned yet! :yahoo:

Definitely one of the best buys ever! :#1:

If you only make one purchase this year, make it the suspension setup!

• 1 month later...

How would you rate the BC coilies?

Ive been looking more and more and coilovers recently for when I get my wheels, I had originally thought Eibach but for the money the BC's seem to get a good reputation. Ive had Apex coilies in the past and they where horrendously hard all the time what are these like for using the car everyday?

Thanks, Chris

How would you rate the BC coilies?

Ive been looking more and more and coilovers recently for when I get my wheels, I had originally thought Eibach but for the money the BC's seem to get a good reputation. Ive had Apex coilies in the past and they where horrendously hard all the time what are these like for using the car everyday?

Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris! They're brilliant and as my Zed is a daily driver there is no harsh ride in the slightest. Definitely a good buy, I cannot recommend them enough! :thumbs:

Not being rude but would you mind me asking how much you got them for and where?

I find the ride quality in the zed even standard was hardish ... BC seem to get a good review with the drift boys so good to see these are just as good on the road and opposed to the track.

superb results, glad to see your happy with them

cant wait to have a few willing customers myself for the coilovers with some decent discount for first few customers ofcourse :)

will be putting some on my rx too as the existing ones may be on their way out