Rear tyres

Ian

I need some new rear tyres. I am currently running 245/35 & 275/35. Can I change the rear to a 285 or 295 and leave the front as they are without upsetting the TCS??

I know its probably been covered, but I'm on the iphone & searching sucks on there :blush:

Don't forget you may need it slightly streched to get it to fit under the arch :thumbs:

My arches will be getting rolled soon :) Especially if I decided to go with the 15mm spacers ;)

Have ordered some 285s for tomorrow & should get my wheels back Friday I hope :ninja:

If you are rolling then go for 295/30/19 for the best fit :teeth: Its a huge huge change in dry grip levels from 275 but it likes to play when wet or icy butwith my setup always progressive and controlable................................at the right speeds :p

If you are rolling then go for 295/30/19 for the best fit :teeth: Its a huge huge change in dry grip levels from 275 but it likes to play when wet or icy butwith my setup always progressive and controlable................................at the right speeds :p

CoolStoryBro.jpg

with a 35 profile on the front, running a 30 profile on the rear would effect the TCS no?

No mate :thumbs: the profile's got nothin' to do with it :lol:

The aim is always to stay within +/-2.5 the same rolling radius of the original wheel you are replacing ;)

check a wheel calculator to satisfy yourself B) Anyway i have ran this for ages even with 265/30 in front and no TCS issues just endless grip and nice steering feel :thumbs:

http://www.alloywheels.com/tyrecalc.asp#

1407388_f260.jpg

:thumbs:

only joking.. ;)

No mate :thumbs: the profile's got nothin' to do with it :lol:

The aim is always to stay within +/-2.5 the same rolling radius of the original wheel you are replacing ;)

check a wheel calculator to satisfy yourself B) Anyway i have ran this for ages even with 265/30 in front and no TCS issues just endless grip and nice steering feel :thumbs:

http://www.alloywheels.com/tyrecalc.asp#

Well done you :thumbs:

Im running a 35 profile in the front though not a 30 ;)

I think you might also find that the profile WILL play a role in setting the TCS off but who am I to argue with someone as godlike as yourself :notworthy:

How will the tyre profile set off TCS?.

The profile or AR is only a percentage of the tyre width so 265/35 is 35% of 265mm. the important thing is the rolling radius or diameter or circumference of the tyre (whichever you prefer) which gives you the size of the tyre to which TCS is set.

So eg 225/445/18(659.7mm) is the same diameter(within 2.5%) as 295/30/19(659.6mm) as even 305/25/20(660.5mm) the only difference the width :p

This is the only limitation to fitting wider wheels of the 2.5% of same rolling raduis will be the available arch size and the wheel itself( ET and width).

But by your logic all M3 will have TCS issues :D (225/40/19 255/35/19) but rather it is so to give the sidewal l profile the same aesthetic look (thickness)

Anyway I'm only trying to help no need pull my leg :p

Do a search :) people have run different profiles in the past & have had TCS issues :)

M3 is a different car is it not? I'm not an expert (unlike your goodself) but even I know that what works on one car will not always work on another car :)

Do a search :) people have run different profiles in the past & have had TCS issues :)

M3 is a different car is it not? I'm not an expert (unlike your goodself) but even I know that what works on one car will not always work on another car :)

M3, errr, zed !! same ehh !!

4 wheels :lol:

they also both have an engine, some brakes, a steering wheel :lol:

You coming Sunday??

they also both have an engine, some brakes, a steering wheel :lol:

You coming Sunday??

I was going to surprise everyone and just turn up. I did have a 10k run to do but I cannot be bothered this weekend so I may go for a drive for the day instead :D