Max Power this month

martinmac

If they are going to "alledgedly" modify a CAT C with a chassis an inch out of line, ad then give it away as a prize pottentially endangering life by putting someone into a possibly unroadworthy vehicle, and then take action against an individual or club for hilighting this fact, then I think this speaks volumes. They would be far wiser spending the money retraining whomever thought using a bent car as a competition prize and then writing about it as if everything were rosy, on not doing it again.

Id like to see the paperwork showing that a total of £28,000 was spent on the vehicle, as I am sure would anyone who was given a cash equivalent of the prize, if indeed that was the case - as Ill bet my left testicle they didnt give the values as printed in the magazine....

How do we know it was an inch out of line? Did Amy take it to a garage for an MOT or something & they spotted it? Sorry, I've only picked up bits & pieces of this story. Bloody disgusting behaviour. Then again WTF did they do to it to bend the bloody chassis?!?!

I'd ruin them. Give the story to every other car magazine, send it to the major car shows, newspapers, name and shame the editors by real name and dare them to take me to court or try to silence me. If even a few hundred people stopped buying their magazine because of it, then it would be a dent in their pockets they would feel, and I'm sure somebody would get an ass kicking.

Having watched this situation develop I was more and more annoyed bt it. The winner was a very keen show car entrant and having gone well out of her way to win the 350z was obviously delighted to ha won it. She has been thoroughly messed about since then and the published article is clearly an added insult. I can only imagine how upset she feels now. No car for this years shows. :dry::dry:

Having watched this situation develop I was more and more annoyed bt it. The winner was a very keen show car entrant and having gone well out of her way to win the 350z was obviously delighted to ha won it. She has been thoroughly messed about since then and the published article is clearly an added insult. I can only imagine how upset she feels now. No car for this years shows. :dry::dry:

Has the FTO gone then?

That's cool then lol, thanks Martin. :) Not that I'd think she'd rob or anything, but doesn't hurt to be a bit careful :)

This whole situation really pains me actually. I really love that Z, looks cool as anything, only to have it wrecked by some muppet. It's pretty much how I want to mod mine . . . . I bet Amy's pi$$ed!

IRC didn't Amy say the magazine wasn't to blame and that a lot more was to come out about the situation. Either this is correct or they have really fed her a catalogue of lies and bullshit. Whatever the truth they certainly haven't acted in any sort of professional way.

I have never met or talked to Amy although all my posts are factual. She was so excited when she won the car and for a young girl who is so into the show scene to be treated this way makes my blood boil. :rant:

I know she has still got something for nothing but she really put a lot of time and effort into the competition and to end up where she has is a real shame.

I have never met or talked to Amy although all my posts are factual. She was so excited when she won the car and for a young girl who is so into the show scene to be treated this way makes my blood boil. :rant:

I know she has still got something for nothing but she really put a lot of time and effort into the competition and to end up where she has is a real shame.

so what can 5k members do? :D

i have a feeling there will be 2 stories, one from the garage, and a different one from MP, neither will match and th eonly loser will be amy.

shame as she seemed such a nice girl and shes really the only loser in this

I can say one good thing about MP if my sis did not beg me to buy the mag 7years ago I would not have seen the nemisis 350z and fallen in love with the car(well probably untill I had seen one drive past) I do recall they went through a phase of some nice cars and good articles with lots of power figures etc but I grew up and couldnt give a @%$£ unless its a nice jap or german car so I just buy banzi, jap performance or nissan mag now :D as for Amy I would seek legal advice and if the car was delivered or shown on the road before she got it she can probably get some big bucks off em ?@$$£R$ :rant:

The consumer is nearly always he loser, but this is more often down to the fact that people tend not to present an arguement. MP could have been spoon feeding the poor girl a load of absolute tripe about not being able to say anything. There are many ways around this; did she sign a contract permitting her not to badmouth MP any any shape or form, etc. Always read the fine print, find the loopholes! ;)