Protecting my precious from inconsiderate people

Demolition49

phdx2-albums-magnetic-door-protectors-picture4122-phdx2-doordefender-1.jpg

Where can i get one!

are you sure? That looks s***e!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah its obv some kind of temp thing you put on for when you park up it must clip in the door or be magnetic or somthing along those lines! i cant even remember how many times my previous car got doors opened on it!

haha so im guessing you all dont like it?

Well i dont feel like paying a 400 + for my doors to be resprayed all the time? Any other methods of protecting your door apart from taking 2 spaces up and getting a ticket or parking a mile away?

Park a mile away.

haha so im guessing you all dont like it?

Well i dont feel like paying a 400 + for my doors to be resprayed all the time? Any other methods of protecting your door apart from taking 2 spaces up and getting a ticket or parking a mile away?

Park a mile away.

leave the car at home.. :lol:

Park the car far away from everyone else, if you know that the car park it's going to be busy walk or use the partner's car, if you can, park the car where you can see it and keep on eye on it. Failing all this, a) park your pride next to cars like Astons, Class 5 BMW, Top end Mercs b)be prepared to get some dents......

Park the car far away from everyone else, if you know that the car park it's going to be busy walk or use the partner's car, if you can, park the car where you can see it and keep on eye on it. Failing all this, a) park your pride next to cars like Astons, Class 5 BMW, Top end Mercs b)be prepared to get some dents......

The A alternative could be just as bad as parking next to a car with baby seats in it...

The A alternative could be just as bad as parking next to a car with baby seats in it...

Very true, so far I had no dents on my doors ( fingers crossed ) alternative could be park next to cars with OC stickesr?

In the end of the day, even if you are very carefull you will get some dents or damages from other inconsiderate drivers :angry: unless yours is in the garage 24 7

Plus if its magnetic it will scratch the hell out of your paint, same as those car bras they do more damage than good!

R

I think the magnets are behind the foam

Yes but between the foam and paint is dirt, dirt rubbing into the paint every time you take them off or put them on, and thats not a good combo with Nissan thin and soft paint :scare:

Don't bother there are plenty of people with bigger/sharper rubber edges than that and will still dint your car!

Follow my basic guide to parking ( from an earlier post 2 years ago - I still follow these rules)

yes agreed!!

So do you lot follow the same Universal Paranoid Car lover rules that I do (sorry Anorak stuff here)

In a car park Never park:

Next to a 4x4 (ok so thats me but I dont even do it in mine!)

Next to a car that has a kiddie seat in it

Next to an MPV

Next to commercial vehicles especially White Vans

Next to a Chav's car - easy to spot - they always have a George Cross sticker on it somewhere they got from The Sun

On the corner of a car park

Never a spot near the entrance or exit

Near Mother and Baby spaces

Old Rovers from 1980's

Most Vauxhalls pre 1998

Never in a bay that has a car in the other bay slightly overparked in the bay next to you - Mr Austin Maxi will turn up and park right next to your door!

Never near the shopping trolly park and uphil from them not downhill

Always park next to Expensive cars - astons etc unless in Levenshulme or Salford!

Always park well in the bay as best you can

Always park away from the main drag its easier to get in and out quickly

Phew!! Sorry Nurse says I have to take my pills now!!

Parking is not easy thesedays is it!

What i want too know is this, what muppett actually designed/s a car park bay that is nearly the same width as a car? In the USA the bay widths are huge.

I once got dinged in a car park by a mother in her chelsea tractor removing her kid from the kid seat, when i told her to be careful, her answer............. Well it doesnt matter! WTF.

That really really got me annoyed. :angry:

What i want too know is this, what muppett actually designed/s a car park bay that is nearly the same width as a car? In the USA the bay widths are huge.

I design schools ...... car parking bays used to be 2.4m x 4.8m ........... I now use 2.5 x 5.0 as a standard bay size ........... on average one bay costs £1500.00 and that includes a bit of landscaping and lighting ......... there are guidelines as to how many bays are required but generally, planning rules dictate how much car parking is provided and then budgets and land availability override that.

A car with both doors open is about 4.0m wide so it is impossible to design a bay that will accommodate cars which have no chance of being dinked by inconsiderate users alongside