WALES 2010 FEEDBACK

Ebized

Well, going by the comments on the Wales photos thread it seems most had a good time last weekend but like evrything there is always rom for improvement (but please don't ask for weather guarantees :lol::lol: )

What Dave and I would like to know is what you would liked and did not like and suggestions to improve the next Wales drive outs/meets. So here's your chance. If those who could not attend because of say timing reasons, please also chip in.

BUT, there is always a but ;), any spamming posts will be deleted as we want to focus on genuine issues so improve everyones experience as far as we can.

Over to you guys :thumbs:

EDIT: :nospam::doh:

I think the Moreton was a great success Colin on price, service, location and standards. They were great , really helpful. I am sure you have provided them positive feedback and some pics. :)

I have on a personal level, but one thing I feel they could do with is an ATM so that will go on the 'list' if others agree.

Hard to see how Moreton could be bettered for facilities really. Really good being able to get everyone in the same place with plenty of room for parking/washing etc, also the detailing firm was a nice addition.

Also liked the fact the Sunday run was a bit slimmed down after last years post 8pm finish at the Chester motorway services, after which we still had to drive home!

Of course the weather helped, but definatlely the best Wales I've been to! :thumbs:

i didnt come because i was away but i thought maybe better for people who are rushing to get home on a sunday that it would be better on a bank holiday?? just my 2p

I think Wales was busy enough without doing it on a bank holiday weekend, think of the caravans man! :lol:

I didn't do the full weekend so can't comment on the hotel etc.The Sunday was the best drive out so far and it's the third I have done.The weather was a big improvement on previous years,so maybe have it later in the year.

i didnt come because i was away but i thought maybe better for people who are rushing to get home on a sunday that it would be better on a bank holiday?? just my 2p

I think Wales was busy enough without doing it on a bank holiday weekend, think of the caravans man! :lol:

ah good point!

To be honest, I can't think of any improvements on top of a very well organised event.

Hotel - okay it wasn't the Ritz, but the rooms were spacious, equiped, clean and functional.

Carpark - can't grumble at all - just need more Z's to fill it I guess

Driving Routes - spot on A1 - especially the roads in the outback! Was made even better that there was limited traffic to contend with.

Food at the Hotel - Fantastic!! The 3 course evening meal was very pleasing! Good bar prices too!

Detailing firm - superb until you get advised on the Super Natural stuff that cost me a fortune (first application going on tomorrow - weather permiting)

Location - with the hotel just seconds away from the petrol station, in fact a choice of two (I use shell predominantly) was a great benefit - 3p cheaper than home too!

Bala - nice little town, although that dust in the carpark has covered not only the oustide of the car, but the inside too. Maybe you could ask them to tarmac the carpark for next time!

Suggestion:

What about having Chilli come down with a huge artic full of parts - selling to members with of course reduced prices - I'm sure a heap of mods would be purchased!

That's it really.... Maps were great, organisers clear and informative, I can't think of any improvements that would better the Wales trip. Just make sure it stays as well organised and enjoyable as the last.

Moreton was great, easy to find and worked really well.

A possible extra would have been nice to have someone lining cars up into nice rows to get the best pictures possible, especially at bala :thumbs: just a thought :)

As the others have said, its pretty hard to beat that run, everything was spot on at a good price point, not too flashy (and expensive) not cheap either (as to put off the +1s!).

Moreton were brilliant, always courteious and helpful - and I appreciated the side car park room so I could tuck the old girl up in safety ;) The rooms I understand are being refubed at some point, but they were more than adequate for us. Sure they could have been nicer, but that might have pushed the price up, so was perfect for us. An ATM would have been good, but you could get money from the petrol station, or just bring it with you (as I did), and you were set.

Routes were great. Bit of a long run out and back on the Saturday, but thats what you have to do to get to the good roads - so cant grumble. Sunday run was brilliant, was so good to be that close to the start as it made the day much shorter, which is more enjoyable really as I now see Saturday as the more hardcore drive and Sunday as more a cruise with good social side.

As for next time, I think we will be hard pushed to better it. I know some of the +1s were asking if we want to make the Saturday the hardcore run, maybe we could involve them in arranging some activites for them to do while we are away driving, and then they will attend Sunday which is a more gentle drive. Quite cheeky, but I wonder if Moreton would allocate us the car park more formally, cone it off or something, so we can have our own little (or rather quite large) corner to keep the cars in so we are all together, especially if we fill half the hotel :lol:

Overall it was fantastic, so even if nothing changed, I'd be more than happy! :teeth:

Thanks guys - keep comments coming - all (sensible ;) ) suggestions/ideas welcomed.

I am sure we could arrange a shopping trip (mini-bus) for the +1's on the Saturday who would prefer to go into Chester or wherever, (must remember to leave room in the boot for the journey home :doh::lol: ).

I gather that all the rooms will be refurbed before next year - just have to see what that does price-wise :shrug:

To be fair the staff said I could do anything I liked with the car park. I just didnt have the tape with me but will do next time. The wedding reception also made it busy around the time the Saturday run ended but next time I will have a parking area roped off.

I think we were pretty lucky to get parked at Bala on such a hot day too.

An utterly spot-on weekend IMO. Excellent organisation from all involved, even down to having a bloke with a clipboard handing out name tags for owners cars (great idea Colin!) :thumbs:

The only thing that i think we need to agree on for next time is somekind of obvious "arm out of the window" signal to let other sheep/350z drivers know that you are not following the course, but are instead turning off to go home/back to the hotel etc. The amount of times people followed other Zeds in a sheep-like fashion was comical - i did it twice, with both myself and Lydia checking then re-checking the course-notes to work out where we had gone wrong! (We hadn't, but when several Zeds all go one way, we *assumed* they knew what they were doing - turned out people were following "the Zed in front" who was on his way back to the hotel lol)

An utterly spot-on weekend IMO. Excellent organisation from all involved, even down to having a bloke with a clipboard handing out name tags for owners cars (great idea Colin!) :thumbs:

The only thing that i think we need to agree on for next time is somekind of obvious "arm out of the window" signal to let other sheep/350z drivers know that you are not following the course, but are instead turning off to go home/back to the hotel etc. The amount of times people followed other Zeds in a sheep-like fashion was comical - i did it twice, with both myself and Lydia checking then re-checking the course-notes to work out where we had gone wrong! (We hadn't, but when several Zeds all go one way, we *assumed* they knew what they were doing - turned out people were following "the Zed in front" who was on his way back to the hotel lol)

Yep, that is a downside of Wales too many sheep about - not sure how to resolve that one :wacko:

All adds to the fun but if any of you found some good roads whilst looking for the pack let us know :thumbs:;)