Gym & Fitness

maz0

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha ive seen people after they come off the gear when theyre older, its not pretty..

lol jay u should have seen me towards christmas time, i was training hard a my diet was perfect... now im a chinese and indian food lover and not training....

what weight u sitting at just now mate?

Steroids will have positive short term effects but a lot of long term negative ones no matter how careful you are with them. If your going down that route, which i strongly recommend you dont, get them from a respected dealer, not a foreign website.

there plenty of stuff going around our gym. from dianabol to t450, its the polish who bring it in as it is legal to buy in poland over the counter

ps im not thinking about it, just asking to see if anyone has had any experiences with it like the guys i know have..

haha ive seen people after they come off the gear when theyre older, its not pretty..

lol jay u should have seen me towards christmas time, i was training hard a my diet was perfect... now im a chinese and indian food lover and not training....

what weight u sitting at just now mate?

HAHAA ohh i do love a gd curry myself bud. I am sitting at 15 stone just now which is my normalish weight. But I want to get back up to 17 stone by the end of summer. Just a thought............ the local glasgowish lads could get together and share tips and techniques while hittin the gym. After that, get a wee drink in town :lol::blush:

When I was training hard I was having protein intake every three hours, except at night. U need to overload to ensure ur body is infact actually absorbing as much as posssibly. There different supplements that aid protein synthesis. Depends what ur into I'm afraid. It worked for me, I'm a fatty just now due to my diet not being right. When using supplements I noticed large increases in how quick my weights were going up compared to not using it. The recovery time was decreased alot aswell.

Absolutely its each to there own at the end of the day, i just try and get my clients to understand that supplements will not get you to a certain point any quicker than natural proteins, they are merely a tool if you struggle to eat the required amount. As for consuming more protein than required your kidneys will take a pounding if its excessive, ive seen the effect on a number of older clients and its not something they would repeat if given the choice.

I've got that issue that I can get enough protein or vitamins in my normal diet...

im a council gym user lol, used to use livingwell but its sh!t.

council gyms have all been refurbed and i get it half price at 18 quid a month for unlimited use of all facilities ;)

Im sat at 17st 2 at the minute after a very good rugby season and benching 150kg for 8 reps and running 10km in about 50 minutes i think the key to sucess is having the determination to get out and work hard at it. It is also down to your genetics within your body if you are not naturally big then its harder to put on the weight and get bigger and the same if you want to lose it.

Im sat at 17st 2 at the minute after a very good rugby season and benching 150kg for 8 reps and running 10km in about 50 minutes i think the key to sucess is having the determination to get out and work hard at it. It is also down to your genetics within your body if you are not naturally big then its harder to put on the weight and get bigger and the same if you want to lose it.

i agree totally mate! thats alot of weight ur benching, is that 3 sets at 8 reps?

I think protein shakes are necessary when trying to add quality muscle ... but not throughout the whole day ...

I only have a protein shake after a workout, and I make sure I'm getting enough protein from my food throughout the day ...

I eat something every 3 hours ... it's usually either chicken or fish with vegetables and some olive oil for healthy fat ...

I don't restrict myself on what foods I eat ... but have to get my 6 quality meals in a day ... anything extra is a bonus .. LoL

Always wanted to bulk up seriously. Played rugby from 7-19 then dislocated my shoulder and had to give it up! Was always fit at school but then found the pub and a car :doh: Been a member of all the usual gyms but couldnt get motivated as they were always rammed. Joined a good old fashioned spit and sawdust gym last year and got some real motivation from the owner who is an award winning body builder but it had real bad opening times and as I work from 7.30am to sometimes gone 9pm in the summer had to jack it in! Dont know how you guys get the time. Now I just stick to the Arnie encyclopedia of bodybuilding!! :lol:

Always wanted to bulk up seriously. Played rugby from 7-19 then dislocated my shoulder and had to give it up! Was always fit at school but then found the pub and a car :doh: Been a member of all the usual gyms but couldnt get motivated as they were always rammed. Joined a good old fashioned spit and sawdust gym last year and got some real motivation from the owner who is an award winning body builder but it had real bad opening times and as I work from 7.30am to sometimes gone 9pm in the summer had to jack it in! Dont know how you guys get the time. Now I just stick to the Arnie encyclopedia of bodybuilding!! :lol:

Just need to find the time mate, I start work at 8am, and usually finish around 4pm. But the gym is always packed from 4pm-8pm with folk, so I started getting up at 6am, which was really difficult at first, cos I'm the world's worst at getting up in the morning. I found it really brightened up my days, going into work after a workout and shower, feeling ready to go, instead of falling in with my eyes still crusty. Have to go to bed at around 10:30 at night but that's not so bad. Plus early morning the gyms empty, you have every machine to yourself :)

Just need to find what works for you!

Bigger stronger faster? That's greig Valentino ain't it? He's a sterod junkie and all american bodybuilder hate him as he ruined it. I know a few guys who use steroids and they look amazing. I think there's a difference between using and abusing.

Mate, try and get a copy, its a good documentary about steroids and the false press surrounding them, the guy goes on a sort of quest to all sorts of doctors and politicians, scientists etc and tries to find any actual physical proof/studies/reports where steroids are bad for you. I think in the end he comes to the conclusion more folk die every year from death by peanuts than steroids.

Valentino is in it for about 5 minutes, but the guys a ****.

2 sets un assisted then the last one assisted quite alot but it gives me a goal to work on. Yeah im a forward played all my life have had my fair share of injuries like everyone else but have had some excellent physio along the way which speeds up the process alot.

Best way is to stick at it and train with a mate who is as strong if not stronger and always push yourself more each time even if you cant lift it by yourself get a mate to assist.

I started back at the gym after 3 years off. I went quite a bit from the age of 18-21, was quite please with my results then I decided to go to uni and I gave up lifting weights for drinks. I lost quite a bit of muscle. Finished uni and I put the most weight on. Only started going about a month ago. It's been a little frustrating as I've decided to give up on the weights for the moment and hit the cardio 4 times a week to strip fat. I do love the gym though makes you feel far better :)

Been on the weights for twenty plus years now and been at my optimum weight of seventeen stone five for the last five years or so. Your genetics will dictate that you can only develop your body to a certain dimension naturally, the only way to surpass that point is by the use of artificial stimulants such as steroids, growth hormones etc. Personally I have never been tempted with the steroid approach and have achieved my physique with hard work, dedication and determination. One of the misinterpretations with steroids is that by taking them alone you will magically obtain huge size. This is a complete fallacy as you still have to train hard and maintain the right diet to get results. Have seen countless people take a course of steroids and been disappointed with the results purely because they've failed to put the level of work in. Also have known complete novices who don't even know the basics of weight training juicing themselves up with gear within days of joining the gym. Have been out of action for three months due to a serious bicep injury, hoping to resume light training very soon

Bigger stronger faster? That's greig Valentino ain't it? He's a sterod junkie and all american bodybuilder hate him as he ruined it. I know a few guys who use steroids and they look amazing. I think there's a difference between using and abusing.

Mate, try and get a copy, its a good documentary about steroids and the false press surrounding them, the guy goes on a sort of quest to all sorts of doctors and politicians, scientists etc and tries to find any actual physical proof/studies/reports where steroids are bad for you. I think in the end he comes to the conclusion more folk die every year from death by peanuts than steroids.

I've a had a copy for a couple of years. It makes u wanna use gear. I like the guys story about his heroes and arnie. The old guy outside the gym is maniac, sleepin in his camper lol

I've a had a copy for a couple of years. It makes u wanna use gear. I like the guys story about his heroes and arnie. The old guy outside the gym is maniac, sleepin in his camper lol

I watched it a few months ago and it made me want to use gear too!

I'm very dedicated when it comes to my training ... I workout hard at the gym and always maintain a good diet for building muscle while minimising the fat storage too ... It's just a bit de-motivating when you see some guys at the gym who put in less effort and still get massive gains due to using gear ...

:dry:

Ask any qualified medical practitioner their opinion on steroids, they will all give you the same answer and they surely cant all be wrong. In medicine the prescription of steroids is only considered as a last resort.

Ask any qualified medical practitioner their opinion on steroids, they will all give you the same answer and they surely cant all be wrong. In medicine the prescription of steroids is only considered as a last resort.

it's a different type of steroid. These are designed purely for bodybuilding, ur not taking a steroid for a skin disorder to get big bicepts. Watching that film puts it into perspective that to actually do any damage you really need to abuse it. There's protein drinks out there that cause more damage than injecting for talking sake t400 or hgh