Polished plenums for sale *pics added*

nrenz123

I want to get my plenum polished, i was wondering if anyone else would be interested in getting them done?

I was thinking of polishing them on an exchange basis with the cost being £100 including postage back to you.

I'm going to have to get a few plenums polished to start me off thats why i wanted to see if there was any interest before i started buying some spare plenums.

Should also add i can get other items polished relatively cheap if anyone has anything they need doing.

The way it will work is as following, you pay me for the polished plenum i post it to you. you then replace your existing plenum and post the old one back to me. Obviously there is some risk involved for me as i'll be sending the polished plenum without receiving the old one so i may ask for a deposit which will be refunded as soon as i get the exchange plenum from you.

Nath.

http://my350z.com/forum/engine-drivetra ... -pics.html

that link gives an idea of the work involved.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should probably point out that due to a young baby and a none working partner and a crap government and a new car due for the missus I am very skint at the moment and that my comment was not a critism of your price but more about my serious depression at not being as rich as I used to be and really wanting a shiney plenum. :D

:cry:

I think what i need to do is get mine polished then upload some pics so people can see exactly what they are getting for their money.

I'd also like to add i will be prepared to post the polished plenums off before i receive the exhange item but i will need some sort of deposit to ensure im not "tucked up"

I should probably point out that due to a young baby and a none working partner and a crap government and a new car due for the missus I am very skint at the moment and that my comment was not a critism of your price but more about my serious depression at not being as rich as I used to be and really wanting a shiney plenum. :D

Fully understood mate, real life sometimes gets in the way.

It would be good to have a post showing how its done. :)

Thats a pretty good price IMO, I pad that several year ago. :)

+1 a hell of a lot of work to get a rough cast standard plenum polished, they look fantastic when done correctly :thumbs:

jo005.jpg

While its obvious id like to sell these to people, i have to say that does look very good indeed!

Hi Mate,

Looks really good.

Couple of questions that i would like answered tho if you/anyone can.

1. How easy/difficult to fit?

2. Any new parts required when replacing?

3. Any performance benefits?

4. What does it cover, or whats its purpose on the engine?

Cheers

Paul

+1 on the none working partner and serious depression! I havent got a baby, but got a nice fat court case instead, so probably a similar cost. :lol:

Would love a polished plenum... think £100 is slightly too high though no...? Would have though £85 + P&P would be a fair price...

+1 on the none working partner and serious depression! I havent got a baby, but got a nice fat court case instead, so probably a similar cost. :lol:

Would love a polished plenum... think £100 is slightly too high though no...? Would have though £85 + P&P would be a fair price...

There is a lot of work that goes into polishing these mate, the £100 i quoted includes postage back to the buyer :thumbs:

Hi Mate,

Looks really good.

Couple of questions that i would like answered tho if you/anyone can.

1. How easy/difficult to fit?

2. Any new parts required when replacing?

3. Any performance benefits?

4. What does it cover, or whats its purpose on the engine?

Cheers

Paul

1. it is a simple swap of the existing plenum mate, i send you a polished one and you send me your old one. removing the old one and fitting this i doubt would take more than an hour tops.

2. nothing new is required, though if the gasket is old/perished you may want to replace it.

3. none at all!

4. The only purpose is a bit of engine bay bling for those who are into shiny engine bay parts.

Looks great I am thinking of doing mine but still pondering on the powder coating side of things ... did you know you could polish it in around 3 hours :teeth: however you will need a bead blasting cabinet 1st or use a pressure washer with the sand attachment and with a good pollishing mop their you go .... I use my lathe as my polisher then a air die grinder buffer to get into the tiny places ... just a quicker way and save all that nasty grinding :thumbs:

Ste .

Due to a new pair of wheels coming up I'll be skint for couple of months but this is something I would be interested on at some point :thumbs:

Noob question: would I have to get the plenum spacer before I do this or it doesnt matter?

No mate, basically ill send you a plenum, you send me yours. just the one i send you will be a standard plenum but it will be polished. it is a straight swap :thumbs:

Due to a new pair of wheels coming up I'll be skint for couple of months but this is something I would be interested on at some point :thumbs:

Noob question: would I have to get the plenum spacer before I do this or it doesnt matter?

no plenum spacer or not doesnt matter :thumbs: