Polished plenums for sale *pics added*

nrenz123

Due to a new pair of wheels coming up I'll be skint for couple of months but this is something I would be interested on at some point :thumbs:

Noob question: would I have to get the plenum spacer before I do this or it doesnt matter?

no plenum spacer or not doesnt matter :thumbs:

to late

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the Tb be done as well??

I think it's generally believed its not a great idea to polish the TB as it could quite easy get knackered.

R

Fair enough!! Is it safe to just powdercoat them them???

I would say the same about powder coating, not saying it can't be done as a few people have had them polished its just a bit risky as they are quite expensive.

R

hi guys

at the moment im not doing throttle body but may look into doing them too at some point.

im hopefully getting the spare plenums tomorrow and hope to have them polished early next week. as soon as I have them done ill upload lots of pics for those that are interested to see.

Obviously i'll only have two at a time polished so it will be on a first come first served basis.

nath

hi guys

at the moment im not doing throttle body but may look into doing them too at some point.

im hopefully getting the spare plenums tomorrow and hope to have them polished early next week. as soon as I have them done ill upload lots of pics for those that are interested to see.

Obviously i'll only have two at a time polished so it will be on a first come first served basis.

nath

Hi Mate, I would love my plenum polished (haha sounds a little sick!) I'm Rhondda based and i'd be more than happy to come to you. Would you be able to help me swap it though? and how much we looking at with me coming to you? Also, i'm in no rush for one. :thumbs:

Cheers dude

Chris

Oh hang on.....you Swansea or oxfordshire?

most of the time im in oxford mate but my parents is back in wales I come home a few times a month though. meeting up is better for me to be honest that way im not waiting for you to post your plenum back to me.

nath

most of the time im in oxford mate but my parents is back in wales I come home a few times a month though. meeting up is better for me to be honest that way im not waiting for you to post your plenum back to me.

nath

Awesome! let me know when youre back in wales and we can arrange a meet Nath! :thumbs:

Just to update, i have the first two plenums and they are in the process of being polished. i had hoped to have them finished by wednedsay but it is going to take a bit longer. I will have them a week today at the latest, although one may be done by wednesday we shall see!

The first pair have been reserved but as soon as i have the exchange items back i will get the next set done.

Nath.

P.S thank god for industrial wire wheel brushes! :p

Just to update, i have the first two plenums and they are in the process of being polished. i had hoped to have them finished by wednedsay but it is going to take a bit longer. I will have them a week today at the latest, although one may be done by wednesday we shall see!

The first pair have been reserved but as soon as i have the exchange items back i will get the next set done.

Nath.

P.S thank god for industrial wire wheel brushes! :p

good man can't wait to see the pic's :thumbs:

Uploading pics now.

For anyone considering doing this i hope you have a lot of patience!

The first one is done the second just needs a bit more work doing to it so that im happy.

One thing i have noticed while doing these are that there are quite a lot of air bubbles in the metal from the casting, sanding and grinding the top down i would get close then more bubles would appear which was very annoying!

There are parts which i have done my best to get into but they are just too awkward. :(

Nath.

DSCF1052.jpg

DSCF1053.jpg

DSCF1054.jpg