Bye Zed, hello Zed!

Stew

I have been pondering a little change for a while due to comfort reasons.

So yesterday after a test drive I traded in my Zed. I am not talking about my car but my motorbike. A Kawasaki ZX6R in orange!

ZX6R%20ORANGE.jpg

Is now gone, been a fun 2 years but the need for comfort crept in. I doubt my ever expanding gut helped though.....

It is to be replaced by this. a Kawasaki Z1000 in white and orange.

2010_Kawasaki_Z1000-895x671.jpg

The Z1000 has over 130BHP and plenty of torque. It handles like a ZX10R (no bad thing) but is actually comfortable with a fairly upright riding position! No sore neck! :yahoo:

Took it out for a spin yesterday for an hour and a half and it blew me away. I also got a brilliant deal on changing so the deal was done.

I just found out it'll be on the road in hopefully just under two weeks.

I ride like a learner.... Waaaaay too much bike for me power wise but then I control it with my right hand!

I gave it a bit of beans yesterday and stopped when the wind was real bad, looked at the speedo and got a pleasant surprise. I wasn't at jail speed. This can only be a good thing!

I still love the look of my Ninja but this one looks evil.

I'll have to take it to a local meet.

The Ninja looks the nuts Stew :thumbs: You made a will yet?

Everything goes to my cat! :thumbs:

:lol: Shouldn't be funny! But, be careful. My brother-in-law is a massive bike fan, who rarely rides the roads on any bike, other than his BMW F800 GS. He sticks to the tracks out in Spain for his other bikes. Safest way, so long as you watch out for the stupid car drivers!

That new Z of yours is an absolute Tonka! Cars will be watching out for you! B)

Rocket ship! Looks fabulous Stew, little orange accents there still I see. ;)B)B) Are you finding you're getting buffeted a bit more without a full fairing?

Haven't picked it up yet Immy.

I will be getting buffeted due to no fairings or screen. It's not an issue though, it just keeps the speed down!

I like orange! :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...

Pick up was meant to be this afternoon but it was delayed by a day due to the dealership having two mechanics off. Tomorrow is Z-Day now!

I have been looking at exhausts for it as that's the only thing I'm not keen on - too big. I think I might wait to pull the trigger on that one though..... maybe! :lol::lol:

Pick up was meant to be this afternoon but it was delayed by a day due to the dealership having two mechanics off. Tomorrow is Z-Day now!

I have been looking at exhausts for it as that's the only thing I'm not keen on - too big. I think I might wait to pull the trigger on that one though..... maybe! :lol::lol:

sweet size upgrade B)

planning on doing any tracking with that?

Exhaust note:

So I take it you got bored of leaning over on the bike and now 2 years later you want a torq grunt bike that you sit straight on, they do look very similar to the KTM like bikes. I for one would have gone down this route for a 1k one:

:evil:

prd_bike_tricolour.gif

2010-yamaha-YZF-R1_colour_SMX_studio_003_prv_tcm46-327494.jpg

f709eeb2-e237-435e-82bc-21c1b20829e6.jpg

25th-img-01.jpg

Enjoy it though, can't beat a bike!

My mate has a blade and I've written it. It's quite comfy actually and hugely capable.

They do look KTM like, I love the looks personally.

The cc upgrade was just going with what was available. I'd have happily had another 600. I like the torque though!

My mate has a blade and I've written it. It's quite comfy actually and hugely capable.

They do look KTM like, I love the looks personally.

The cc upgrade was just going with what was available. I'd have happily had another 600. I like the torque though!

I'd say after a while you'll never want to see any inline 4s :dummy: