Numberplate - any Ideas ?

ATTAK Z

I have tried to fix my numberplate to the Zunsport grille using the sticky pads as in Zmanalex's mesh grille .... trouble is, I'm getting failure of the adhesive the minute the pads see any water ........ I need help please cos i'm running without a front number plate at the moment

This is where I want it to stay

post-5517-135011878702_thumb.jpg

Any suggestions will be gratefully received

sandwich some garden wire between the plate and a back of some kind, glue together so it looks like the normal number plate but you'll then have 2 wires on top and 2 on the bottom that you could feed into the grill and bend into shape to hold it in place. you'll probably have to get under the front and drop the splash guard to get your hand in to tighten it all up

Give it another go with sticky pads.

I'd heat up the plate nicely, stick pads to plate. I'd use a few pads, like 6 so overall, you've got at least a fair bit of contact area.

Remove mesh, heat up mesh (make sure it's clean), stick plate to mesh.

Refit mesh.

In my head, that'd work.

Get two nice long nails and a hammer. Whack a nail in either end of the plate through the bumper. pull out your air intake, a few wires and liquid containers out, whack them nails down so that they don't fall out. Put the bits back under the bonnet. Bob's your uncle.

If you're seriously techy, you could do the same by drilling a few holes, shoving a few screws back and then screwing on nuts on the inside but that's like complicated and stuff.

DEAR LORD, am so glad i never taught most of you technology :lol:

It's not that bad, no-one has mentioned blu-tack yet! :lol:

or the religious approach,

spit on the back of the plate, attatch to bumper and if god or allah want you have a front plate then it will stick