3D Movies... I dont get it....

Zedrush

I wonder how long before we start getting 3D Hollographic Projected Films into thin air................................. :wacko:

or when you can smell the actors just by watching the screen that will be the next thing. Like playing a game like Gran Tourismo and you can smell the rubber burning as you take the sharp corners :lol:Or rockys armpits when he's boxing :yuck:

can't wait

I saw Alice in Wonderland t'other week and was quite unimpressed. I think I went in with high expectations and they were dashed.

For me the technology is a good idea if used correctly. The scenic shots work really well, just adding a bit more depth but nothing spectacular. It's when they try and over-use it, to make things pop out at you that it doesn't really work in my opinion.

There was an advert for football in 3D at the beginning of the adverts that looked okay and that used the depth effect, rather that the ball-coming-at-your-face effect (yes, they're the technical terms).

My experience wsn't helped by the fact my eyes aren't equal, my left eye is pretty poor so my brain uses my right eye primarily I guess, so I could see blurring even with the glasses on :(

If they can do it without glasses I can see it catching on in a big way.

On a side note I thought the story in Alice was pretty she-ite too. I'd rather they just remade the original...

saw avatar and liked it, felt the 3D stuff helped give more depth to the visuals.

but saw alice i wonderland and didn't see the benefit of 3d with it.

i'm not 100% convinced, i don't like wearing the 3d specs over my own glasses and find it uncomfortable. although i'm looking at swapping to contacts this year.

have also noticed on sky HD box that if you select the hd page, there is now Sky 3D channel. and of course its a subscription only channel. and i;m guessing you'll need a 3D TV to enjoy it as well

i think its asmall step in the great leap towards full holo-suits :cloud9:

All this talk of 3D, and 'holo-suits' - can somebody out there please reassure me that I'm not the only one that had 'adult entertainment' pop into their minds...!!! :blush:

All this talk of 3D, and 'holo-suits' - can somebody out there please reassure me that I'm not the only one that had 'adult entertainment' pop into their minds...!!! :blush:

i recall a game that 1 of the guys i worked with (at Autodesk in 1997) had, was called "Virtual Valerie" - think i need to make a web search on it ;)

Shut it Rich! I can remember the most terrifying film i ever saw at the cinema was Jaws. My dad took me and my sister and we were both under the age required to get in. It seems such a tame film now but at the time as a little kid it was horrendous! :lol:

Shut it Rich! I can remember the most terrifying film i ever saw at the cinema was Jaws. My dad took me and my sister and we were both under the age required to get in. It seems such a tame film now but at the time as a little kid it was horrendous! :lol:

i never saw jaws in B&W is it really scary when its a silent movie?

IMAX 3D 10 years ago was interesting, but seemed better in respect that you actually felt that the picture was immediately in front of you, as if you could actually reach from your seat. The 3D glasses were huge, almost like a big plastic hat that covered your head. Slightly off topic. :lol:

Not seen Clash yet, looks a bit b-grade to me I'm afraid. The 3D effects in Avatar were quite well done.