new tyres already

chris84

Bloody Bridgestones need replacing after only 5 months and 5000 miles. Fronts have next to no wear but that's to be expected.

Do other members rear tyres wear more on the outer edge than the inner? I have 1.8mm left on the outer edge and over 3mm on inner edge of both. Going for the vredestein ultrac sessanta this time round and picking up a set of winter vredesteins in advanced.

Chris

sounds like geometry is out,

if i remember rightly there was a recall for early cars to sort out a geometry issu that led to uneven tyre wear, yours if its an early one might not have been done.

or it might just have changed over time and need tweeking

sounds like geometry is out,

if i remember rightly there was a recall for early cars to sort out a geometry issu that led to uneven tyre wear, yours if its an early one might not have been done.

or it might just have changed over time and need tweeking

great i'll have to get my step dad to sort it while he's fitting the new tyres, got a long trip from Leeds to Cardiff in a week so I'll need it on top form.

jeeze 5k miles seems a bit excessive...i would expect 15-25k miles at the very least. Other cars i have had, have done 40k miles withought needing new ones...

You must have nocked the tracking out for them to go that fast, or been doing some crazy drifting i would hope anyway (or that is a cost i have seriously under estimated!)

jeeze 5k miles seems a bit excessive...i would expect 15-25k miles at the very least. Other cars i have had, have done 40k miles withought needing new ones...

You must have nocked the tracking out for them to go that fast, or been doing some crazy drifting i would hope anyway (or that is a cost i have seriously under estimated!)

I think expecting up to 25,000 miles from a set of tyres is VERY optimisitc unless you drive it like it's a Micra. 10-15k will more realsitic for most.

Bridgestones 050 on rear of mine will only last about 8k miles and wear evenly. They are a soft compound so lifespan is never going to be great. One trackday took 2.5mm off alone over 115 miles :D

Fronts have outlasted 2 rear sets :scare:

I thought my old tyres had worn unevenly until I noticed that the new bridgestone I had fitted resently have less tread depth on the outsection when they are new.

Rear tyres lasted about 10k of normal driving and will probably get about 15k out of the fronts

I think expecting up to 25,000 miles from a set of tyres is VERY optimisitc unless you drive it like it's a Micra. 10-15k will more realsitic for most.

25k out of a set of tyres is quite a lot!! Mine's on it's second set and the car has onlydone 18k! If they last 25k miles maybe it's time to get something slower :p

25k out of a set of tyres is quite a lot!! Mine's on it's second set and the car has onlydone 18k! If they last 25k miles maybe it's time to get something slower :p

Ok maybe im being over optamistic but i would expect 15 at the least. Thats on Bridgestones..

But then again i havent done that so i dont know, but changing every 5k is extreme i would say...

However i guess this is my first performance car so i could be very wrong...

i'll be getting the geometry checked tomorrow when they fit the vredistiens and my mud guards. they just above legal limit of 1.6mm now so going to keep them to use on a local airfield for practise, just need to find a way of sneaking onto it again.

spent a lot of time intentionally going sideways during the snow period but that was on ice and compacted snow so i hadn't expected it to have too big an impact. will run the new tyres over summer and post the results... hopefully won't be postng for a while though, can do with not paying out £260 for tyres ever 5 months.

If the insides are bald on the front, are you guys running the Bridgestone RE040s? There was a known issue with them for feathering a wearing the inside tread off, all sorted on the RE050s or just different tyres in general. If not, then you have too much toe on the front and its scrubbing. Get the allignment sorted and it'll all be good.