which mods to do first?!?!

UNABASHED

I've decided on the next lot of mods i want but cannot for the life of me decide which to go for first. What order would you put this list of mods (baring in mind this has to be kept a secret from the other half, as far as she knows it only costs a couple of hundred for a full bodykit including spraying!)

1. skirts and bumper (£1000-ish)

2. bulging bonnet (£750)

3. RS tune (£400)

4. suspension (£no idea but the creaking is annoying me!)

5. headlights (£500ish)

6. new wheels (£1200)

7. or wheel refurb with coloured lip (prob around £350)

Ideally I can only spend around £500 (ish!) in the coming month as I'm also going on holiday next week (volcanic ash dependant!) so don't wanna blow too much at same time. So do I save up a little and get the bigger stuff done or start small?

the creaking could be your ARB mate :)

looking at a few threads I'd probably agree with you, any idea how much to replace - I'm clueless with suspension having never touched it on any car! if it's a cheap fix then I'll do that first then move only the more aesthetic mods :teeth:

depends have you done everything you want to engine wise. if so then i'd say go straight for the re map

the advantage with most of the body mods is you can do it bits at a time and build the kit as you go.

so start with the front bumper, then the next month do the sides etc.

its the ARB drop links that most likely will be creaking, you can just replace them which is pennies. however due to the fact they are made of rusting cheese, the bolts may well round off due to the crappy angle you have to go at them from, it may be easier just to source a whole ARB with bushes, links AND BRACKETS and replace the whole lot. not neccesary but makes it a hell of a lot less time consuming :) easy to do yourself aswel :thumbs:

creek gone :)

not touched the engine other than pocharger and probably wont for a while as when/if I do I would probably start looking at FI options.

For me the car isn't hugely fast but the looks are what sold it to me so as long as it looks pretty I can put up with a lot :lol:

though saying that the remap does llok awfully tempting...

arrgghhh too many mods and too little money! It's times like this I wish was single!

Personaly I always prefer to work from the heart of the car outwards. Look after the engine first, otherwise there wont be a body worth driving around. Get the RS-tune and while your saving up for the other gear, enjoy that lovely newly tuned engine.

(baring in mind this has to be kept a secret from the other half, as far as she knows it only costs a couple of hundred for a full bodykit including spraying!)

I'm exactly the same - had to fit my Arc induction kit at a mates!! Told her somebody was throwing it away!! Actually told her in the end, proceeded to show her my modification and she couldn't even spot it under the bonnet, so looks like I could mod away without her even noticing what's what under the bonnet!! :lol::lol::lol:

(baring in mind this has to be kept a secret from the other half, as far as she knows it only costs a couple of hundred for a full bodykit including spraying!)

I'm exactly the same - had to fit my Arc induction kit at a mates!! Told her somebody was throwing it away!! Actually told her in the end, proceeded to show her my modification and she couldn't even spot it under the bonnet, so looks like I could mod away without her even noticing what's what under the bonnet!! :lol::lol::lol:

Are all of your wives/gf's like this? I encourage my bf to mod his car :lol: Suppose I have to, that way he cant complain when I mod mine :D