Hi All,

Just registered on here as I have recently purchased a 350Z (04 plate, 32K, burnt orange) and cannot get enough of driving it! They are awesome!

However I was drving home from work the other night and ran over something that I thought was soft and would cause no damage..............how wrong could I have been! I didn't realise till the next morning what I had done until I stated the engine and usual purrrr had turned into a partial blow/vibrating sound. I have checked out the exhaust and found the problem, I seem to have fractured the joint right on the end of the back box, the joint as it connects to the middle section. I have also sealed it for the time being with GunGum, and i think its possible to weld.

However if the worst happens, i was wondering is there any traders on here who could supply me a back box? Any ideas on prices for these things i have been looking around and they seem to vary by quiet alot? :shrug:

Apologies in advance if I have posted this is the wrong area................ :blink:

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum. :)

It sounds like the failure is at the usual point, many have this problem. It can usually be welded for about £20.

There are also a lot of owners who have upgraded their exhaust and have the old ones in storage.

However........ maybe it will need an aftermarket exhaust. ;)

:welcome:

Go on..................use this opportunity for a nice after market one because though a quick fix might sound ok the cost will soon add up if other bits of the exhaust are falling apart down the road.

As mentioned, K1(very loud), K2 and scorpion systems are popular cheap options and sound better than OEM too :thumbs:

:welcome:

Always good to see another sunset.

I'd recommend taking this as a sign from the automotive gods that you should put a new exhaust on it. I just put a K2 on mine and it's costing me a fortune in fuel, it simply sounds too damn good over 4k revs with the windows down to drive any other way :yahoo:

Thanks for the warm welcome...and good advice....... :thumbs:

I'm very tempted to get a new system from the CAT back. Scorpian system does look nice, like you say £300 upwards and onto silly money!! Have just looked at the K1 and K2, I'm leaning towards the K2. Am I in the right area of about £350 for a CAT back system for one of these??

No pics yet.......will try and get some up in the coming week.......... :)

:welcome: from another sunset owner.

i am also after a diff exhaust but has been put on hold as when i fitted my spacers i noticed my front tyres were bald on the inside edge. so they have to be replaced first.

keep looking for any excuse to drive about. i know i still am. :teeth: