Super mod weekend - it begins!!!

captain

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a day all told. :wacko::wacko:

Not everything got done (bumper tuck and rear brakes didn't happen) Let's just say there were some minor issues which delayed things and I left Nurrish's at 7:00 after 9 hours. :scare:

Out with the JWT pop charger and in with Cosworth filter.

_DSC3177.jpg

Waiting for Bennett.

_DSC3180.jpg

I think this car's had a couple of mods. Very nice Grant. :thumbs:

_DSC3182.jpg

Action!

_DSC3183.jpg

Before.

_DSC3186.jpg

After. Many thanks to Grant for inventing a Frankenstein dremmel to cut out the grille. Yes I know the plate is not level. Being sorted.

_DSC3190.jpg

25% there

_DSC3188.jpg

At the end of it all.

_DSC3194.jpg

I can't say how grateful I am to Bennett (GT4 Zed) for spending all day with us (when he should have been at a family do) to get this done. I owe you one.

Oh. Almost forgot. The exhaust...........Cough cough :lol::lol: You might just notice Bennetts K1 in the background if you turn it up really, really loud. If anybody is looking for an exhaust differerent to the usual Scorpion/Japspeed that many have got, this one is brilliant. Really well made and a subtle sound below 3500 (i.e. no drone when crusing at 80) but then a real racing rasp when you give it some. :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWyZOrKVBPw

I'll maybe make a fly-by video later today but won't be for a while 'cos this is what I did last night until 4.00 am :drunk: :drunk: :blackeye:

DSC05633.jpg

Yes, that is 3 bottles of whisky folks. :bangin::bangin::bangin:

You sure they are the monza tailpipes? looking on the blueflame website ( under bespoke exhausts ) and it looks like the fuji more.........

Yep. Looks like they made it wrong as I wanted the Monza tips.

I'm actually pleased because I think it looks great and less "stock" than the Monza.

bit gutted i didnt get to see it in the flesh with the wheels on, and the front bumper for that matter.

looks good, hope you get your brakes sorted soon.

where did you get the mesh for the bumper again? i forgot what you said to search for.

cheers

Hey Simon :teeth: was a pleasure to help and would have really wanted to have done everything but we underestimated how time consuming it could be especially as we were working on both cars swapping bits ;) I could have done the bumper tuck while i was having a brake as it only takes a few minutes if i knew it was amongst the "to do list" ;)

Anyway, it will be easy to install the rear brembos once Dave sends them to you ;)

Now that you have driven back to Weston what are your impression of the brakes now? Hope there were no probs ....not that i expect any :thumbs:

Sorry i almost spoilt your exhaust recording with my K1 driving off :p

Hey Simon :teeth: was a pleasure to help and would have really wanted to have done everything but we underestimated how time consuming it could be especially as we were working on both cars swapping bits ;) I could have done the bumper tuck while i was having a brake as it only takes a few minutes if i knew it was amongst the "to do list" ;)

Anyway, it will be easy to install the rear brembos once Dave sends them to you ;)

Now that you have driven back to Weston what are your impression of the brakes now? Hope there were no probs ....not that i expect any :thumbs:

Sorry i almost spoilt your exhaust recording with my K1 driving off :p

:lol::lol:

You did more than enough. Enough for two in fact. ;)

Hope it didn't end in divorce and everything was cool back at the ranch. :blackeye:

The brakes are fine and dandy. Needed to be as did 110 miles in 1hr 20 and the first 10 minutes was driving round Solihull trying to find the M42. Got home just in time for appetisers (olives, stuffed pimentos, anchovies, Italian meats if you're interested :p ) and a beautiful San Miguel.

Thanks once again. :thumbs:

The missus has forgiven but not forgotten :scare: .................it will cost me :surrender:

We also had an equally nice get together with loads to eat and drink :drunk: Slept at 5am ;)

Hope next time we meet things will be different ;)

I need to pick up the slack with the nurburgring trip. I should be getting some info back 2moro so expect a pm or call from me :p

mind if I ask how much those alloys cost? and are they the gunmetal colour?

Just got a sunset myself and think they look awesome mate!

See the sig. B)

£795 but I have seen them cheaper by almost £100 about 3 days after I bought them. :scare:

They are ET12 and there are some minor rubbing issues. You might want a less agressive offset and use spacers. :)

Nice to meet you Simon. Would have loved to have staye a little longer as well but I got the call and had to get my car sorted for Silverstone so sorry for running off while you were on your 3/4/5th trip to Halfrauds!! :lol:

I was very pleased with my mashed up dremmel, worked a treat. Hope your happy with all the results and the grill looks B) .

Looks great captain, wheels and slotted disks look very B)

Think I could be in the market for a blue flame very soon.

I have just seen his blue flame and its looks amazing and a very sexy sound to :thumbs:

Looks great captain, wheels and slotted disks look very B)

Think I could be in the market for a blue flame very soon.

I have just seen his blue flame and its looks amazing and a very sexy sound to :thumbs:

SOLD - to the man in a Black Zed.

Just need to wait unitl I get my bonus in June. :#1:

Now need to decide whether to go for silver or black (with the red lip) Rota GTRs.