That'll polish out

ug45cwb

Another little present left on my car last week . Had a go at sorting it out myself with good success. Used meguires ultra cut compound on a soft wool pad to flatten it out, followed by sonus SFX1 on foam pad to tidy up, with sonus SFX3 again on foam pad to finish off.

Whole process took about an hour and i'm pleased with the results.

Before

scrape.jpg

After

scrape2.jpg

Other than the tiny bit that was right down to the plastic, the scratch is invisible :thumbs:

Next time I get a similar scrape I will do a more detailed report. The meguires did all the hard work. Caution is advised with it, even on a DA polisher it's a very aggressive compound with the wool pad.

The sonus sfx system works great on my kuro zed but against damage this heavy it would be a very slow process without some cutting first. Sorts out holograms and swirls rapidly.

This wouldn't work on stone chips. Although the scratch looks pretty hideous it was mostly very light.

Cheers

Next time I get a similar scrape I will do a more detailed report. The meguires did all the hard work. Caution is advised with it, even on a DA polisher it's a very aggressive compound with the wool pad.

The sonus sfx system works great on my kuro zed but against damage this heavy it would be a very slow process without some cutting first. Sorts out holograms and swirls rapidly.

This wouldn't work on stone chips. Although the scratch looks pretty hideous it was mostly very light.

Cheers

Damn, thought you'd found a cure for the stonechip plague :headhurt:

Good job though, looks superb :)

Nice job shown above. After claying the car I use the Sonus pads and polishes (SFX-1/2/3) and a Megs rotary polisher and get great results. Just a shame you get bird s**t on the car within a few days to spoil the mirror finish!

Megs make a rotary????

Nice job shown above. After claying the car I use the Sonus pads and polishes (SFX-1/2/3) and a Megs rotary polisher and get great results. Just a shame you get bird s**t on the car within a few days to spoil the mirror finish!

Megs make a rotary????

Possibly the G220 dual action rather than a rotary :)

Megs make a rotary????

Possibly the G220 dual action rather than a rotary :)

That's what I thought. Thought I would ask though as there is a HUGE difference between DA and rotary.