Fast Corsa...

Leeroy

I came across a souped Corsa yesterday on the A1 near York, it was silver, newish - don't care enough to know what model year it was but it was hugely quick.

Admittedly I was in a high gear when he booted it but even when i dropped a couple of cogs I wasn't catching him as quickly as I'd like to have been :scare: We were at the upper limit of the national speed limit ;)

I can't believe it could have just been a remap. No other tell-tale signs other than those crappy Max Power 2" diameter wing mirrors :yuck:

A man I know had a 2.1 litre throttle bodied corsa running an LSD and it looked completely standard. CCC ran a test and it was the fastest FWD car they'd ever tested. 0-60 was approx 4.5 - 5.0 secs (can't remember the exact figure) and the guy could DRIVE too!

A 2.0 16V NA or a 2.0 16V Turbo engine can be dropped in for the cost of the engine plus about £250 for a conversion kit so there are plenty kicking about!

Im actually looking forward to something like this happening with me but with a more valued car.... :evil:

Most of the time though Z's are over-rated, so you whip out the boost and they will most likely be expecting it :shrug:

A man I know had a 2.1 litre throttle bodied corsa running an LSD and it looked completely standard. CCC ran a test and it was the fastest FWD car they'd ever tested. 0-60 was approx 4.5 - 5.0 secs (can't remember the exact figure) and the guy could DRIVE too!

A 2.0 16V NA or a 2.0 16V Turbo engine can be dropped in for the cost of the engine plus about £250 for a conversion kit so there are plenty kicking about!

Theres A white one kicking about Inverurie Stew so beware 2.0L red top turbo. Im not sure it currently running at the moment The thing like to chew gearboxes But when it does I was shocked.

A guy where I work is running a modified/barely legal Peugeot 205. Old school, but it leaves me standing, 0-60mph in less than 5 secs. :scare: After that I'm going past. To be fair, he's spent nearly the cost of a decent pre-owned Zed on it!

Can't see it appearing in Fast & Furious though...