New 350z Owner (Touch Wood)

Hey guys,

Honda Civic Type R driver here looking to upgrade to a 350z this week hopefully if everything goes to plan.

I have a few questions regarding upkeeping/petrol issued my dad has :rant:

What is the average MPG? Need to drive 15 miles to work and back.

Do parts cost a arm and a leg for 350z?

Is there any other things I need to know before purchasing 350z?

Really looking forward to joining the crew :thumbs:

Thanks in advance

Graham

Hi & :welcome: to the forum. Average mpg will vary between 19 - 30 depending on your drive & how heavy your right foot is. If you buy parts from the Nissan stealers then they can be expensive, best to stick to the traders on the forum. Check out the buying guide in the intro section. Usual things to check for are the clicking axle, skipping Bose & intermittent left speaker. Good luck with the purchase & if you have a link to the car then post it up and we can give our opinions.

Maccaman,

Thanks for the fast reply. 30MPG sounds good :thumbs: I think I'm on about 32 with the type R. I took it out for a test drive today. It was silent up to 80mph as it was wet outside didn't like the thought of the end kicking out. I had the bose stereo up load today (GT I'm looking at) to check the sound quality.

Info on the 350z I'm looking at:

54 Dec 2004

Black GT

37k miles (just had 36k service)

Not one mark on the paint, 1 kerb mark on front passenger wheel.

£12,000 from dealership

:welcome: Graham.

First off.

The Zed is 10 times more comfey than the TypeR (says an old fart with back problems).

Rear wheel drive so twitchy in the wet !

Motorway at 70 about 32 mpg but the saying is..........smiles per gal not miles per gal.

Depend how heavy your boot is ,on winding A road I average 27/29 cain it in traffic and it's :scare: 23 ish

Parts from stealers are an arm and a leg,BUT the good thing is you can get most and better and a lot cheeper from the member traders on here.

Things to look out for... Check the FAQs on this forum there are some guides for new buyers.

We love zeds , but we are all biased :D:D

Keep asking question on here all are friendly and helpful and know a lot more than I. They will be along later.

Go for it

ChrisS,

Thank you also for a fast reply. Its a hard situation I'm in as the dealer said there is another person interested in the car (dont all dealers say that to push the deal!). I have looked on the net and it seems to be a good deal as the black looks nice and the bodywork is 10/10! Sorry I never seen the FAQ section I'll have a look the now.

I'm 70mph motorway all the way to work and from the test drive the 350z did seem to be smoother than the type R.

Yep the dealer may have someone interested.

BUT

Believe in fate if they buy and you don't so what there are even better ones out there waiting for you.(check the for sale threads on here,you know they will have been looked after) cos we are all like that. (zeds are adictive :yahoo: )

I'll now make a comment like your dad would..............TAKE YOUR TIME .....you ain't got to buy the first one you see.

Go on ,go ask him :D

I'm an ex type R owner too. There's really no comparison between them, the zed head and shoulders above. I get about 24 mpg on average but thats driving a combination of roads and in traffic, you can expect a lot more on a motorway. As said, don't rush into anything, get a good one! :thumbs:

Welcome to the forum

I have a 350z and use it as a daily driver to work and back, I travel approximately 10 - 15 miles each way and mine is made up of mostly 70mph roads. On average I tend to get about 24 mpg and that's not just with conservative driving. It won't be great (afterall think of the engine that's powering it) but considering the engine it's not too bad and on a run can get high twenties at least. I went on a job down south and got 28 mpg easily. A couple of piece's of advise, like other have said, don't rush into buying the first one you've seen, make sure it's the right one for you. Also if you find yourself with high running costs in the first few months don't despair, the fuel you'll be using will be high in the first few months for definate as you will be getting used to the smile on your face because of the engine power and exhaust sounds :)

I have never driven a Civic Type R but my mate has one and loves my car, lol. One good thing with the Z over the Type R (imo) is that the Z will get a lot more respect and not just from young lads.