thinking about taking my zed to a 1/4 mile

Chadwick

as the title says im thinking about taking the zed to a 1/4 mile tomorow and was just wondering if anyone had any tips ? like traction control on or off , launch at so many revs ? and maby if anyone could give me an indication of what kind of times i should be hopeing for :shrug:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: it is EXTREMELY windy over here in bonny Fife this morning....at Crail you're basically on the cliff top and the surface is horrendous - there's also likely to be quite a few Scoobies and Evos there testing for Time Attack and the like - my advice mate...know your place and go to enjoy yourself ;):lol:

i let the 350z's down today , my zed was running slow as a week in jail , was getting 15s before anyone says , it wasent my driving my reaction times were spot on and wasent missing gears i was getting beat off saxos :headhurt: this is the slowest car i have owned to date but i have heard that adding mods can cause a loss of power with out a map , so tomorow im going to take it to a rolling road then get it mapped and then hopefuly my zed will be quicker than a citroen saxo :lol:

Hi mate, in my younger days I have a Saxo VTR, it had a Kent Cam, Ported and Polished Head, Exhaust, Manifold etc etc. It ran 15's all day with my quickest been 15.5....... :thumbs:

I know for fact though my Z is way quicker and I wouldnt think twice about a little run from the lights etc.....

Hi mate, in my younger days I have a Saxo VTR, it had a Kent Cam, Ported and Polished Head, Exhaust, Manifold etc etc. It ran 15's all day with my quickest been 15.5....... :thumbs:

I know for fact though my Z is way quicker and I wouldnt think twice about a little run from the lights etc.....

yeah mate i had a yellow 106 gti that was running 170bhp and it would rip the ass of my zed any day so would evry other car ive had , 246bhp glanza , integra type R , s2000, 305bhp ibiza cupra , i can safley say at the moment the 350z is by far the slowest car i have ever owned , i am just hopeing that it is because its had mods done and not been mapped , fingers crossed after a map it should be running good

dont forget the z has significantly reduced throttle in gears 1-3 , dont ask why so far as i now its never been confirmed why. also you wont feel the speed as much in Z vs your previous cars.

im just going by my quater mile results , but im as clearly losing power some where so hopefuly when i get this resolved it will be getting better times

well from my experience with mines, its really quick. keeps up with most scoobs, my mates got the 2006 type uk scoob and the 2 of us sat side by side and then i gradually pulled away at the top end. mines the uprev with nismo shizzle.

0-60 in sub 6 seconds isnt slow mate.

well from my experience with mines, its really quick. keeps up with most scoobs, my mates got the 2006 type uk scoob and the 2 of us sat side by side and then i gradually pulled away at the top end. mines the uprev with nismo shizzle.

0-60 in sub 6 seconds isnt slow mate.

I know but it the zed isnt fast comapared to most modded cars.

I think that's the beat thing mate? Have u phoned any of the numbers that guy gave you?

I think you should get a good power gain if u get 100% throttle remap and tuned for all ur mods.

U going to modified live?