Stupidest place you've taken a car

ZedJohn

Decided on a friends recommendation to take my Vitara through Packington Ford at dusk - I was assured that it wasn't deep... drove the car into it and realised that it wasn't a ford, more of a river. I made it to the other side to find the brakes were like damp sponges and the footwells were flooded.

To make matters worse we'd ended up in a private estate full of deer (venison anyone?). We drove around to find every exit blocked with security gates we couldn't open so the only way out was to drive back through the ford!

One week on, the interiors still damp, fog lamps still full of water, at least the brakes work again.

Needless to say I wont be attempting it again. Anyone else been anywhere as stupid?

Not my vid, but the closest I could find!

Some lane that my satnav took me up when I went up to Thor. It was about 3/4 miles longs & just wide enough for a normal car nevermind the Z. I scraped my lip along the whole stretch of it doing about 5mph.

Funniest part was my mate that was with me had to get out of the car & guide me down the lane & it also saved some weight at the front end :teeth: He was none too happy at having to walk a few miles infront of my car while clearing the road so that I didnt destroy my bumper. Then when we got to Thor it turns out there was a dual carriageway straight from the motorway to them :bang: I also managed to hold up an OAP in a Micra & a horse box :#1:

Emmmm once landed on a rock in a SWB vitara my mate was driving. Actually pretty much everywhere that Vitara was taken was stupid!

The Landie has done some mild offroading.....

I took my old mans Rangie (now replaced) off a track for some pics with Adam too.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15965

Most of the stupid places I've been have been in jeeps thankfully.

probably when i had my yaris tsport a few years back and i decided i could be a rally driver in it down the back road that was never used. this wonderfull road had really REALLy big holes and water troughs and two jumps leading to water bath. it had just rained aswell. needless to say i couldnt resist and absolutely floored it through, to this day i dont think ive had more fun, especially the jump into the water :teeth::teeth: biggest splash youve ever seen!!! was about 2 foot deep. came out the other end having only ripped the underneath splitter clean off, a good result i thought :lol: and i have to add it was an awesome rally car!! :#1:

oh the wonders of having a car you clearly dont give a stuff about :lol:

I took my Zed to the Lickey hills last year in the snow, went sledging, got back and couldnt move it :lol:

I managed to get it moved in the end by flooring it and being pushed sideways by 5 mates :blush:

I couldn't even move mine off my drive in the snow! Thank God for the Vitara. Pulled the bosses Merc out of a drift so earned some brownie points

Out on valentines night with my ex a few year ago i took what i thought was a back road to somewhere (i had an investigative side back then) before anyone says anything thats my story and im sticking to it. :p

To my horror the little clio was in an open field full of cows :blink: so i came of the track to turn round and head out. Yup we got stuck and she ended up having to help push to get the car out the hole i dug :blush:

Out on valentines night with my ex a few year ago i took what i thought was a back road to somewhere (i had an investigative side back then) before anyone says anything thats my story and im sticking to it. :p

To my horror the little clio was in an open field full of cows :blink: so i came of the track to turn round and head out. Yup we got stuck and she ended up having to help push to get the car out the hole i dug :blush:

Lol, that sounds reminiscent of that pic that floats around the net of that girl's 350 stuck in deep mud in her heels. :lol: Bet you were popular. :blush:

Lol, that sounds reminiscent of that pic that floats around the net of that girl's 350 stuck in deep mud in her heels. :lol: Bet you were popular. :blush:

Em yea something alot like that :lol:

Nope she wasn't best pleased, but she had no choice. :teeth:

the worst or the best is difficult to decide as it happened at the same time.

was driving my mums old metro and it was about a year after i had passed my test. had seen the hump back bridge coming up and thought; i'll do what my dad used to do give it some beans and give my passenger that feeling of your stomach moving up towards your throat.

have to say i gave it to much beans and actually got air off the bridge :lol: the crunch on landing didn't sound brillant as the suspension rebounded and the front bumper met the tarmac. :blush:

sadly that wasn't the worst bit; as i didn't know the area i didn't know that directly after the bridge was an almost hairpin bend. how the car stayed on the road i still don't know but my mate went very pale and i was so tense you could haqve folded a 50p piece in half if it had been placed between my butt cheeks.

to this day i never told my mum about that.

that poor car took a real beating :blush:

haha!

Before my first car, I used my mum's Nissan Micra 1.0 (the bubble shape one), the poor thing was ragged all day long, fantastic handbrake turns....

haha!

Before my first car, I used my mum's Nissan Micra 1.0 (the bubble shape one), the poor thing was ragged all day long, fantastic handbrake turns....

i learnt to J-turn in my mums metro :blush:

i say learnt it was more that i used it for practising in.

when i have kids that are that age i will get the the cheapest piece of metal with the smallest engine in.as i know exactly what they'll go and do. :lol:

when i have kids that are that age i will get the the cheapest piece of metal with the smallest engine in.as i know exactly what they'll go and do. :lol:

It's funny with the Mrs' little brother trying to wheel out all the excuses when he screws up. "There was oil on the road..." "That speed camera's not calibrated properly" etc etc etc