dont buy fuel from esso or bp

buster

Hmmm.

I don't like threads like this, they anger me.

The government screws us every way possible. It's worse now the newspapers are making us aware of a few more more ways they've been doing it without anyone knowing.

The most frustrating thing is that it doesn't really matter who you vote for. They're all rich bastards in the first place, that's how they get into parliament (yes, even Labour). None of them have a grip on reality. It may seem like a simplistic view but I was watching the news where they show all the MP in the houses, shouting at each other, and it just made me think. How many of them are in there to actually listen to each other and to try and improce the situation? All they ever do is try and claw away at the opposition, who in turn only retaliate just as childishly.

It's depressing to think these egotistical morons represent Britain. We can't do anything about it. Civil war anyone? :snack:

Vote for who you like - they only sell you what you want to hear. The budget for the next four years has been planned this week anyway.

Best bet is move somewhere else. Somewhere where they drive on the left so you can take your Zed.

BP dont have any refineries in the uk anyway so just buy it in using their bulk discount.

On a similar matter the UK do not have a strategic refinery policy, we fit into the EU strategic refinery policy. The latest review suggests that there are 7 too many refineries in the EU zone. Anyone car to guess which ones will close. :dry:

It may interst you to google and see who owns the refineries in the UK at the moment, they are not having a good time with most product being imported from the continent where it is cheaper.

When the UK stops producing petrol completely see how we get on. :surrender:

I though bp have the grangemouth refinery over the hill from me.

BP sold Grangemouth about 5 years ago to INEOS. It is for sale again now

Problem sold lets buy Grangemouth for zed lovers and then we have as much fuel as we want. When i was in Iraq and Kuwait working a couple of years back you could get 100 litres for just over £10 its all the shipping costs and taxes put on by the government we will never win against them. Whoever comes into par next will not change it and if they do tax in pubs will go up. Best move lets all emigrate to Oz.

The grass is always greener, if you think Australia is the path to political progress and honesty you might want to do some reading about what they or any other nations politics is really like.

Nothing is going to reduce the price of internal combustion engine motoring in this country, by any significant amount, ever. It's an unquestionable fact that the stuff we use to run our cars is running out, rightly or wrongly, priced for economic, social or environmental reasons it isn't going to get any cheaper. You can rage at the oil producers, the politicians or the green lobby but it's not going to make any difference.

You either drive a 1.2 diesel and use your car purely for transport or you suck it up and pay whatever it costs at that moment in time and drive the **** out of your 3.5 litre, completely unnecessary car. My 350z is my entertainment, it's my luxury and I pay the price for that.

You either drive a 1.2 diesel and use your car purely for transport or you suck it up and pay whatever it costs at that moment in time and drive the **** out of your 3.5 litre, completely unnecessary car. My 350z is my entertainment, it's my luxury and I pay the price for that.

And that my friends is the truth right there!

And that my friends is the truth right there!

Yup , have to agree with Mr Glue

I had virtualy the same email.......5 YEARS ago !!!!

So what has changed ????

same here, even joined he group against the fuel prices which never go anywhere, There was this thing of a discount card for petrol. Never materialised.

If by some miracle, this ever did happen and it forced the likes of BP to drop their prices by (for arguments sake) 5p a ltr, what do you think would actually happen?.......EVERY ONE would go straight there and fill their tank to the brim! Prices would go back to normal within a couple of days! This is an unbelievably ridiculous idea and it would never, EVER work!

If you are a little sad every time you go fuel up, turn into a game! See if you can beat your last price! £76 woohoooo! :wacko:

Wood Glue.....Nail....Head....you hit it!

If by some miracle, this ever did happen and it forced the likes of BP to drop their prices by (for arguments sake) 5p a ltr, what do you think would actually happen?.......EVERY ONE would go straight there and fill their tank to the brim! Prices would go back to normal within a couple of days! This is an unbelievably ridiculous idea and it would never, EVER work!

If you are a little sad every time you go fuel up, turn into a game! See if you can beat your last price! £76 woohoooo! :wacko:

Wood Glue.....Nail....Head....you hit it!

I was £86 yesterday for Tesco 99. Made my eyes water.

The supermarkets will take pity and drop the price soon I hope. They seem to be happy losing money on fuel and it forces everyone else to drop prices.

If you use your car to get to work and back, which I do, then think about how much you would save (both in terms of money and carbon emissions) if you worked from home. I work for the government and am allowed to work from home only one day a week thus my weekly fuel bill is 80% of what it would be if I travelled in to work every day. In my case traveling about 46 miles a day this equates to about ten pounds per day.

Now when I work from home I can also plan my day around other things such as family, golf, gardening etc., so that my life instantly becomes more fulfilled. Also I am more efficient in that I am undisturbed by idiots who are incapable of doing their job without help from me or who are there just to make up the numbers or monitor what I and other producers do.

So may I respectfully suggest that we all forget about what it costs to run our cars to get to work, and concentrate on persuading al the petty people to allow we workers to do our jobs in the most efficient manner, without having to explain ourselves to those who do not trust us who in doing so, make a perfect case for us not to trust them.

How to save the planet ??

Simples

Plan for the future ............... work from home at every available opportunity