Guess what drove past my house today...

Anubis

i'd have the maclaren please,

its the nicest ferrari i've seen for a while but the maclaren is the better car

the maclaren is the better car

And how do you know?

It isn't really the type of car you buy with your head though is it?

I'm sure many a super car owner has bought a really flawed car that makes their back ache etc due to to lust and draw jopping good looks!

I think the Ferrari 458 is simply shockingly stunning - it's a very tough decision between a yellow or red. If I was fortunate enough to buy one it would be the yellow since red would be the most popular choice.

However, in silver it just looks too boring. This car needs to have a bright colour on it to appreciate the lines and curves with the light reflecting from it.

The McLaren on the other hand will look good in silver. I'd love to see one in a McLaren F1 racing colours (silver, black, red). I still think the McLaren F1 orange will be best suited to this car. Dark colours don't do too much justice for the Mac - again, supercars should be like a party (fun, big, bright and lots of noise).

Both costing around £170k apparently - this is murcielago territory. Whereas a few years back supercars would tend to be around £100 - £120k mark new, they are steadily increasing towards the £200k region. Something even the very hard working people are unlikely to achieve for just a car. :(

If you had no kids, mortgage pretty much paid off, no major bills to pay then yes £100k car could probably be financed on a good income. However, it seems you're going to have to be pretty well off to afford cars like these in the future - i.e. millionaire and beyond rather than a fanatical petrolhead thats worked very hard and got his/her dream. Shame really...

And how do you know?

I'm sure many a super car owner has bought a really flawed car that makes their back ache etc due to to lust and draw jopping good looks!

Thats not really got anything to do with what you've quoted though. I was asking RT how he KNOWS the Mac is a better car......

And how do you know?

Thats not really got anything to do with what you've quoted though. I was asking RT how he KNOWS the Mac is a better car......

Ok so i haven't driven either of them, but i did ready a very lengthy article last year on them, they were in EVO i think and it reviewed them side by side. speaking on an engineering basis comparing the 2 cars on paper i would have to say the maclaren has the edge. and wit what i think is a better setup. they run very different chassis, engine setups and gearing setups.

i also think the maclaren interior is nicer, and i don't like ferrari's if i was spending that much cash i's still get a lambo,

but between the 2 mentioned the maclaren is the better car.

i still wait to see a proper road test on them both but i think the maclaren will come out on top. but thats just my honest opinion.