Attending meets and shows with 350z-uk.com

martinmac

Having talked to a few new owners recently I thought this would be worth posting. :)

Firstly, from a personal point of view, I have had the zed for just over 4 years now and before owning it I have never attended any sort of car show or meet. Being of the slighty older generation it never appealed to me.

I bought the zed and found this place. I have never looked back. :drive1

I have now attended events all over the country as was really impressed with the friendly and enthusiastic attitude of the owners.

I now sort my work schedule around the show calendar.

So why go to these events.

Its great to meet the other owners and view work they have don to their cars. There is also the bigger issue to appreciate. The forum is very busy and its largely down to the hits when googling 350z. This is self fueling, the busier we are the more hits we get. Visitors to the shows will come and say Hi. Some will be owners and others will be prospective buyers.

How do discounted tickets get funded.

There are costs incurred with the running of the forum. The busier it is the greater the cost. The traders help us out and after paying the costs we can use any money left over to help with tickets. Attneding the shows will also help to generate money for the forum. :)

My car is standard, should I still attend.

Hell yes, the zed is a pretty special car and looks very cool anyway. We are very pleased to meet the newer owners and members. Its worth mentioning that ex owners are also keen to pop over and say hello. If you find this place useful then imagine how good it is to be able to quiz owners face to face.

To summarise;

Meets are fun, visually impressive and help the forum continue to grow. :teeth:

• Like 4

absolute massive +1 go to meets :thumbs:

As martin said it doesn't matter if you have a show car or a completely stock car its about meeting the people, seeing other cars and getting inspired.

There's always a great mix of people at meets so they are always full of banter and fun. Not just that, you'd be surprised at how many people pack the tool kit to help out other members :thumbs:

Nice post Martin.

I am one of those new owners (bought the zed then found the forum) and also I am of the older generation never done a show or a meet in my life.

But after nearly 5 months of banter and help on here + costs of 'extras' (new LED rear clusters fitted today B) ),I'll be at Oulton Park and the Wales meet.

And of course,I am really looking forward to them. I can then start putting names to faces and looking forward to more meets.

10/10 for you all.

And thanks.

Chris

+1 million......anyone remember the SE Mafia and our failed tunnel run attempts by getting lost and split up, there were Z's going in every direction possible and people passing each other wondering who was going the right way and who was not, was great fun :lol: Probably still one of my favourite nights. I am really missing the meets & shows while my car is off the road but can't wait to get back to them soon :thumbs:

• 10 months later...

Also remember to bring your other half. Dont think of these things as geeks in a car park for hours. We are very much a sociable bunch, and bring the other halfs to all the meets, so there are always others to speak to who arent hardcore dedicated to the cause. We have a good diverse mix of members, from all ages and all backgrounds, and its always nice to put faces to the guys and gals we talk to all day on here :thumbs: