New wheels finally on!

Glennc91

Alright lads,

decided to go 20" instead of 19" as they are meant to make the car look slightly less desperate for new suspension. im not too keen on the idea of lowering it due to it already taking me ten minutes per speed bump!

your thoughts are invaluable as always people!post-5436-135011875097_thumb.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The offsets are 245/35 ZR20 at the front and 275/30 ZR20 at the rear.

no problems with rubbing, handling or traction control. but i did have to trawl through the forum to find the offsets recommended. they fit straight on and it feels very grippy now. can tell the difference straight away and its actually quite an improvement.

anyone know what the deal is with my name stating "Z Hopeful" ??

people are never going to take me seriously with that there :dummy:

how do i become Z-Legend?? that sounds much more macho

no problems with rubbing, handling or traction control. but i did have to trawl through the forum to find the offsets recommended. they fit straight on and it feels very grippy now. can tell the difference straight away and its actually quite an improvement.

anyone know what the deal is with my name stating "Z Hopeful" ??

people are never going to take me seriously with that there :dummy:

how do i become Z-Legend?? that sounds much more macho

Rims are looking great. B)

You'll need to do more posting to change your status. :teeth:

oooh excellent news.

so it turns out i have some original GT4 alloys that will go up for sale when they have had a nice little refurb. i prefer them to the rays, they look alot like the wheels on bumblebee the camaro of transformer fame. :offtopic:

anyways...

The refurb is costing me about 250, how much do you guys reckon they would fetch? anyone got a clue?

Suprised no one has mentioned it, but they are your tyre sizes, not your offsets. The offsets will be a figure like +25 or +30 etc.

Looking at the pics you could do with spacers and definitely lowering. Bigger wheels don't fill the arches more when you put thinner tyres on them e.g the aspect ratio on the GT4's is 45 and yours are now 30, so even though you have a bigger rim the overall size won't be much different which mean the arch gap will also be much the same, without lowering ;)

hahahahahahah, i read that mandeep thing last week, brilliant!

ok well clearly i am clueless about all that, what is the offset the measurement of then?

If you post a link to the site where you bought them, it should tell us.

Basically, the offset is how far OUT of the arches the wheels come. A high offset like +38 would sit really far inside the arches and look crap ( think Jag e-type or train wheels) a really low offset like +8 would come outside of the arches and potentially look just as bad (think chav's in corsa's with halfords wheels that stick out too far)

The ideal offset is around +18 to +24 imo. If your wheels are +35 for example, some 15mm spacers would bring your offset down to +20 and then be perfect :thumbs:

Then you need to lower it :p