New wheels finally on!

Glennc91

The rear wheels come all the way to the edge of the arch though? if i put spacers on at the back they will come outside the arches and i thought that was illegal?

This is why we need to know the offsets, so you can get the correct advise ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah i get your point, but i thought the point of spacers was to bring the wheels in line with the arches? surely if the rears are already there it doesnt need any?

just when i thought i was starting to get my noggin round all of this...

:shrug:

• 4 weeks later...
Black pearl badges?

and when you say CF roof wrap, are you on about the vinyl wrapping? do they do carbon fibre?? :bounce:

To replace the Nissan burgers but in a dark shadow chrome-type finish. A few have them on here to someone should share a pic.

IIRC Shire has a carbon fibre roof wrap - I suspect its CF-effect but have a search.

Hmmm, Cant find anything to do with IIRC Shire, but theres plenty of info on CF vinyl wraps, alot of people saying it doesnt look close enough to the real thing to bother. nice idea though, i have a customer with a matt black C63 AMG and it looks amazing. also saw some pictures of the In-Phase audio 350z with the carbon wrap and i have to say its very tempting.

the main reason i was looking at the carbon bonnet though, was because the gap on the front of the original is pretty awful. i know the gap is bad on all the 350's but when she's yellow it stands out slightly more with the black line going through it. its also slightly bigger on one side aswell.

but anyways, if anyone has any pictures of the black pearl badges that would be much appreciated?

The car looks B):thumbs:

You still got the GT4 wheels?

yeah still got the GT4's mate, theyre in need of a refurb though which is why they ended up being replaced. they tryes on them still have a bit of life too if your interested?

Just read through your thread mate, your an absolute hero.

i do have a cheeky little heat gun so i may have a little play with some interior items first, such as the steering wheel bits i saw on your thread. is it really as easy as you make it look? do you get any peeling after its been on a while? what adhesive you using on there?

Is it not time for some engine mods now and skip any more exterior mods?

I'd paint the roof black (no wrap) and the mirrors black if you absolutely NEED to do any more :D

Why not get a SC or other FI setup? :thumbs:

What current offset are you running now then when you only put spacers on the front? Will this not upset the handling of the car? Thought that the US junkies went mental when you changed the standard offset of the car...

Car looks awesome, well done :clap:

Just read through your thread mate, your an absolute hero.

i do have a cheeky little heat gun so i may have a little play with some interior items first, such as the steering wheel bits i saw on your thread. is it really as easy as you make it look? do you get any peeling after its been on a while? what adhesive you using on there?

:lol: Cheers

It is pretty easy if you take your time with it and don't overstretch it as it loses its weave look. No adhesive needed though, it is self-adhesive and a little bit of heat helps out with it sticking. My few bits have been on for a couple of months now and haven't noticed any peeling so far. :thumbs:

as far as the offsets go i am still pretty clueless, but she drives like a dream so i'm blissfully ignorant.

and I am pretty good with car mods/lingo once i have done or heard them once, but all the abbreviations that get chucked around on here i am struggling to keep up with!

what is an SC or FI setup when its at home??

:blush:

and the other mods i would love to do are getting some kind of seat re-trim with yellow inserts to match the exterior, alog with a more aggresive bonnet of some sort, and the stereo setup. but as far as i can tell with the original stereo and speakers, its a big old project to change it