The 2010 Formula 1 Chat Thread.

Beavis

well done Jenson, a great call by the driver and not the strategists :#1:

But Lewis's great drive just fizzled out once he was in the dirty air of 2 ferraris :rant: - get rid of ALL wings and make them drive on mechanical grip and skill

And seed the clouds every race so we get wet/dry or dry/wet conditions :yahoo:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work for Red Bull F1,and have to say i was most disappointed about Vettel,again,its so frustrating to be that close to victory again,and be halted with a mechanical failure. As for Webber,i think him and Lewis had a great battle,i think the accident with Lewis summed up his weekend really. If you are going to take some one out do it properly!!!

What a great race. The 2 extremes of F1, Bahrain & Melbourne. Got to agree that Hamilton was the class of the race & was worth watching just for that one pass B) What do people think about Ferrari not trying to get Alonso past Massa as he was, at the point, much faster than him?

It was a very good race for a very longtime but i am not sure the new rules had anything to do with it ;)

Jenson is a deserved winner and gets my vote for drive of the day. we would hsave been laughing if he had spun out and retired.

Vettel would have won easily and is the driver on most form :thumbs:

Lewis fought well as did Alonso but it was all recovery from original mistakes! i no the pitstop did not help but with is hacking driving style he would have suffered in the end and maybe lost more places ;)

schumacher was unlucky and never recovered! if he had made turn one in third it would have been very different i guess! His struggle with Agusilari or whatever they spelling is :dry: and massa v alonso highlights that overtaking closely matched cars is still damn difficult and it will be back to boring form in the next race should there be no rain :surrender:

i don't think it would have been right for ferrari to lets alonso through this early especially as alonso has more points! it would be favouritism!!!

massa is a good driver and was struggling with that car as anyone would.

lets not make too much about weber because he lost lewis position....its racing and that was o pure racing incident. Massa understeered, lewis pounced and so did weber who had a back row sit but because they were offline especially weber he just understeered into lewis!

my final word will be undermine jenson at your peril...... he is smooth, fast and once he has self belief lewis will get flusterred and will be in trouble. :drive1

I enjoyed it ..... great day out ....... excellent organisation by the Aussies ...... I still think we should keep an eye on Nico, not for champ but he looks to be very consistent and when Mercedes finish testing lol he'll be up there somewhere

:snack:

I work for Red Bull F1
I've got a tour round the factory soon, can't wait!

massa is a good driver
I might be the only one, but I think Massa is overrated :)

Awesome,hopefully see you soon then. I work in the composite inspection department,so if you get a tour through this area say hello. Im the young guy with glasses,usually. I know they were not bringing people through the composites area as they didnt want people to see parts for teh car etc. The lady who may show you round,Helen,is HOT!!!

Awesome,hopefully see you soon then. I work in the composite inspection department,so if you get a tour through this area say hello.
Cool, I shall let you know what the date is when find it out from my mate. I look forward to saying hi and meeting Helen! :lol:

I think there will be some front wings going a stray,especially at the back. Its certainly going to be an interesting race. Its good to see the smaller teams getting up the grid,certainly mixes things up abit.

I agree,it was a pretty boring race (apart from us winning),everyone was expecting rain,and it never happened. Hamilton's drive was outstanding,he is great driver. However,if you are sitting that far back on the grid,then its just the way it goes. He did a great job. Was good to see that we can finish a race,and have the fastest car on the grid.

Hmmm I am undecided on these new rules for F1, they've drained some of the fun out of it! Lack of safety car, I just like seeing the SLS AMG :p At least the championship is still wide open after 3 races. I know Vettel is a good driver but he doesn't show the skills some other drivers have like Hamilton, he is a beast on the track, but then we haven't seen Vettel fight it out in the field.