Ridiculous speed camera figure.

martinmac

to be honest, its the one area i kind of agree with speed camera's, thats a safety issue. and like its been said sitting at 50 is not a big issue as long as traffic keeps moving. so the 5500 people caught in a month doing more than that is their own stupid fault.

admitedly i prefer it when they stick the average speed cameras up. those single shot ones are a bit more sneaky.

to be honest, its the one area i kind of agree with speed camera's, thats a safety issue. and like its been said sitting at 50 is not a big issue as long as traffic keeps moving. so the 5500 people caught in a month doing more than that is their own stupid fault.

admitedly i prefer it when they stick the average speed cameras up. those single shot ones are a bit more sneaky.

Average speed cameras??? They're the worst. I spend more time looking at my speedo trying to keep it under 50 than i do looking at the road.

What these cameras/reports dont look at is how many were caught while the WORKFORCE WAS IN THE ROAD. If they leave the camera on and the signs up 24/7 but the road workers are only there for a few hours, then it is just bo!!ocks.

Average speed cameras??? They're the worst. I spend more time looking at my speedo trying to keep it under 50 than i do looking at the road.

Cruise Control is your friend ;):thumbs:

If i had it, im sure it would be very useful. :)

Road safety for the workforce my arse! getting hit by a car at 50 is no real difference than 70, still gonna kill ya. If it was really about safety they would slow you down to 30. I got caught by one of these random 50 mph zone a few weeks back, saw the camera but didnt see the 50 mph zone markers, got caught doing 62.

Totally agree with the 50mph restrictions in areas where work is being carried out...............

But only when the work men are actually there!! :rant:

I always stick to the speed limits on motorways, but the infinite lengths of permanently speed restricted sections are frankly a joke. :dry:

Hi,

If you think speed restrictions due to roadworks are a pain here ,thank God that you don't get caught in Germany speeding through road works ,there very hard to see badly sign posted and they are in operation 24/7 my son in my Z when it was his got caught on the Hamburg Autobahn coming from a unrestricted section to a 80klm [approx 50mph] for about 700 yards then back to unrestricted at night with no other vehicles on the road and no sign of any work being carried out ,which is not unusual for the Germans as they do move things unlike in the Uk where we leave cones all over the place when not in use,

The fine Gentlemen was 800 Euro s ? he was doing 158mph.but no points.

all the best Mark

fully support speed cameras being erected for roadworks on motorways.

Its safer for the workers and with unfamilar lanes and possible lane changes the speed should be lowered even when workers aren't present.

The stupid drivers that ignore the speed limit signs on a motorway and the additional speed camera signs deserves all the fines they get.

Its safer for the workers and with unfamilar lanes and possible lane changes the speed should be lowered even when workers aren't present.

I'd agree, but only when there is actually a change to the lane layout. A load of cones down the side of the road and no workers to be seen hardly constitutes roadworks IMHO. Therefore the speed restrictions then seem unwarranted.

Hi,

Please don't knock my son he is one heck of a good driver ,always observes the speed limits in Germany ,you do not infringe them often ,he drives like he's on auto pilot knows all the speed limits like the back of his hand and had travelled this Autobahn many times but the ever efficient Germans repair and clear roadworks so efficiently that there was no visible sign of roadworks, to us in the Uk it would look like someone had dropped litter out of the car, when he is driving and with Germans in general if the sign says 80kph or in places even 50kph in some ares that is what they do it's as if there are electronic speed limiters fitted at birth, until you get to unrestricted sections of the Autobahns then it's :boxing: The Germans are the most aggressive drivers in the world when let loose ,''The Tarmac Terrorists'' I call them.His current car tops out at 192mph,and that is slow compared to some he still has to move out of the 3rd lane.

Mark