Just got spanked by a mk1 golf!

bodyboarder

Never mind mate you cant win em all. :)

Although I did win my little run today. VXR220. 2 lane motorway on ramp 50 mph+ rolling. Both booted it. Blew it away.

I think it might be that he was chicken or the VXR was poorly. Anyway 1 to the Z. :evil:

Well done Daz

I got spanked by one of them there perjo cc thingies on the way home from work tonight :blush: .... so embarrassing ... then I realised I had an excuse .......... I was in the wifey's Arosa lol :lol:

I've had my Zed for over a year and noone has ever tried to race me. most attention i've had is some looks, and a few chav types taking pictures!

Oh and thumbs up from a few scooby owners, which was odd. Most of the Zed drivers around this way don't even wave :byebye:

:lol: Not that worried about him beating me , as i do love mk1 golfs, plus i always have the last laugh as i just say to him that im going home now to bone his sister :bleh:

this post was hilarious my girlfriend had to ask me what i was laughing at :lol::lol:

Although I did win my little run today. VXR220. 2 lane motorway on ramp 50 mph+ rolling. Both booted it. Blew it away.

I think it might be that he was chicken or the VXR was poorly. Anyway 1 to the Z. :evil:

He wasn't trying, I can promise you that.

I had a 330ci revving up next to me at a set of lights on a dual carriage way. The lights changed to green, I stalled, tw@t, beamers dust in my face. The bloke in a saab behind me was pissing himself with laughter, my son sitting next to me slid down his seat to hide his shame in his inept father.

He wasn't trying, I can promise you that.[/quote

well he had every chance, empty road and 3 lanes. Couldn't get past. Must av run out of talent or nerve. I enjoyed it anyway.

I do like the idea of 'stealth performance' cars....

I had a Mk5 Golf GT TDI170 that I'd remapped to 200bhp and 300 ft lbs torque - caught a fair few by surprise! Shame the thing was so damn unreliable! Back to VW 9 times in 6 months!

Im suprised eveyone is beaten round the twisties by a clio!

Do they handle that well???

I will assume you've never driven a renault sport clio then! :lol::lol::lol:

Nope :)

But shouldn't a RWD 2 seater sports car handle better than a retrofit hatchback!??

OUTRAGE

But shouldn't a RWD 2 seater sports car handle better than a retrofit hatchback!??

OUTRAGE

Anywhere other than a racetrack of sweeping A road a sorted FWD hatchback with a decent driver will beat pretty much anything RWD. :dry:

Docwra, owner of 1 350Z, 2 200SX's and 2 306 GTi6's ;)

OUTRAGE

Weight. And a sweet chassis!

That's all it is. The engine is potent too though.

They aren't a 'better' car. They are very quick on the twisties though!

i v been in one and it seemed quite planted... :blush:

but nothing has ever come close to me in the twisties... ;)

it may be cos i have been lucky or 2 stupid... i remember a 360 modena on a rather curvy 'autobahn' leaving me behind all the way to 155 and then having to let me overtake him over a quite tight for the speed curve...i didnt ease off...he did...and never managed to catch me although he tried :evil::lol: