Bye Bye Zed - A big thank you

Fien

I had the sad sight of watching my zed get driven away yesterday after selling it :byebye: Im certainly gonna miss it!

Just wanted to thank everyone on the forum with helping me with all the little issues ive had since selling it. You've been a great help :thumbs:

I unfortunately had to sell it for practical reasons, plus i needed the cash so i'm now in the look out for either an early model Leon Cupra R or maybe a Civic Type R. Dont suppose any one knows where i can pick one up for around 5k or if they have any advice on either cars??

Thanks again and fantastic forum!! :thumbs:

I used to own a Curpra R, cracking motor. The VAG 1.8 pretty well bullet proof if well looked after. Watch our for the smaller radiator fan failing (check it is spinning when engine idle) and the doors seals are **** poor (check for wet carpets). Also needs cambelt change every 60k miles and the OEM water pumps can be prone to failure. Basically take it for a good blast and check it doesn't overheat. Good luck with the hunt :thumbs:

I used to own a Curpra R, cracking motor. The VAG 1.8 pretty well bullet proof if well looked after. Watch our for the smaller radiator fan failing (check it is spinning when engine idle) and the doors seals are **** poor (check for wet carpets). Also needs cambelt change every 60k miles and the OEM water pumps can be prone to failure. Basically take it for a good blast and check it doesn't overheat. Good luck with the hunt :thumbs:

thanks for the advice. will definitely be on the look out for those things.

cheers guys :wave:

Gutted for you mate, it's bad enough having an enforced break from driving mine but at least I'll be back behind the wheel in a few weeks, can't imagine never getting in it again, must have been heartbreaking!! Good luck with your next car mate

To check the fans on the leon, put the climate control on Lo both fans should spin constantly. OEM waterpumps had plastic impellors but new ones had metal ones. Cupra R's should have had the cambelts done by now and hopefully the water pump too.

A friend of mine owns a Type R 2002 - loves it. It's a good sprinter, keeps up fairly well with my Z. The thing is like a greyhound. Although his car is 55stone lighter - which is quite a lot. So buck for bhp and performance - good car.

He's running 80k miles on it and recently took the car to Honda, they said an exceptional example. Therefore if you are thinking of buying, take a good look round till you find the one you want. He paid just over 5k for his. The other good thing is that a SuperCharger bolt on is fairly cheap! Rapid!

A shame the Z had to go, I don't think I could contemplate actually not owning my Z - god forbid the day she does have to go..... :byebye:

Get yourself this month's Evo magasine and turn to page 138 :thumbs:

Ask and ye shall receive B)

Thanks for the heads up, good article on them. Only problem is that i cant find one for love or money! well not for price and spec i'm looking for.

It's been gutting losing the zed but from what i've heard i think either an LCR or CTR would go a long way to healling the pain. both seem to be cracking motors.

I just ditched my Cupra R in for 4k to a dealer :( 2003 remapped.

Check the fans as said. They should both spin. Check for water leaks round the door sills. Sniff the carpets and see if they smell musky from water getting in. Check for coolant leaks under the radiator and auxiliary water pump.

Anything else like faulty sensors, MAF etc would probably be evident on a drive, and there isn't anything else that typically goes critically wrong with them. Don't buy a red one with GU03 on the plate, that was mine! While fast had lots of little niggles which would add up to fix!

well i've finally got a new car, decided on a LCR. Not quite as powerful as the Zed but still fast and good fun regardless. The practicallity side of it is a massive bonus tho

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

down side is how easily a black car seems to get dirty. Reckon i'm gonna be cleaning it all the time!!