Share dealing - 350z Tip Club

captain

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did you get in XEL?

I was one of the people responsible for the share going up by 1000%. I was sat in a room next to one of their directors (that sold 24 million worth of shares on Christmas eve) and all the other directors on a conference line telling them to go for it during a well test!

Shame I wasn't allowed to invest in them.

I actually just got a medal from work for the last time XEL share prices shot up. I was offshore running the job and got the heaviest artificially lifted oil out the ground ever by going for it! The director that I was advising before Christmas said I had made him a tidy sum then as it proved the field they were exploring was viable.

Only recently in XEL, so playing the waiting game, but on a small proft so far.....

When did you get in XEL?

I was one of the people responsible for the share going up by 1000%. I was sat in a room next to one of their directors (that sold 24 million worth of shares on Christmas eve) and all the other directors on a conference line telling them to go for it during a well test!

Shame I wasn't allowed to invest in them.

I actually just got a medal from work for the last time XEL share prices shot up. I was offshore running the job and got the heaviest artificially lifted oil out the ground ever by going for it! The director that I was advising before Christmas said I had made him a tidy sum then as it proved the field they were exploring was viable.

Only recently in XEL, so playing the waiting game, but on a small proft so far.....

Long term could be good. I have seen the plans for the field they are developing in the North Sea. I think late 2012 before switch on but it might do good things then.

RRL closed at 20p today - a slight retrace but nothing too unexpected on the release of no news.

Hopefully get some nice RNS' next week and I might bail out.... :shrug: Not ballsey enough to see it to the end! :lol:

I'm calling GHEY! :p

Grow a pair. I thought you Jocks were tough!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmZJ2RW34_Bv7fYUfSXPMz_OL12n8CicUOeMjY05n0ZRhxbKQssA&t=1

The sharp rise in the share price of oil explorer and producer Range Resources is as much of a mystery to the company’s board as it is to the watchdogs down at the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX).

i dont get it? are we saying that the increase in sp is unfounded?

The sharp rise in the share price of oil explorer and producer Range Resources is as much of a mystery to the company’s board as it is to the watchdogs down at the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX).

Not true. :thumbdown: Misleading quote.

The ASX always demand an RNS from a company with a large share rise, as RRL have done over the last few days. This morning RRL released a brilliantly worded reply to the ASX giving all the reasons why there has been a rise. :thumbs:

Hence the very gratifying holding of the share price today.

In full below for those who want facts. :)

4th March 2011

The Manager

Company Announcements

Australian Securities Exchange Limited

Level 6, 20 Bridge Street

Sydney NSW 2000

By e-lodgement

RE: PRICE QUERY

I refer to your letter dated 3 March 2011 in relation to the recent change in

price of the Company's securities and respond as follows in line with the

numbers of your letter.

1. The Company is not aware of any information concerning it, that has not

been announced and which, if known, could be an explanation for recent

trading in the securities of the Company;

2. Not applicable;

3. Range recently announced a number of key milestones for the Company across

its development and exploration assets, including;

- the securing of the drilling rig for its Georgian exploration program;

- anticipated mobilisation of the Georgian drilling rig expected March

2011, and planned spudding in April 2011;

- commencement of drilling at the East Texas Cotton Valley Project; and

- successful fracture stimulation of the lower two zones on the Russell

Bevly well, with the upper two zones to follow later in March 2011.

It is anticipated that further updates on the Company's activities will be made

with respect of its assets over the coming weeks as events occur, as indicated

in the recent announcements from the Company.

The Company also notes that its Executive Directors have been in London on a

promotional visit, further increasing the awareness and activities of Range to

a wide range of the London investment community, at a time of increased

activity across the Company's portfolio of assets.

Since the release of the announcements referred above, the share price has

increased significantly (with volume) on its AIM traded shares (with ASX

following).

4. The Company confirms that it is in compliance with the ASX Listing Rules.

Yours faithfully

Peter Landau

Executive Director

Range Resources

I want to get into CRND for about £250

im with td waterhouse. as the market is closed does that mean i cant buy? i've read that there are ways but its not advisable is this right?

whats the best way to buy, with RRL i rushed home to buy and bought at 23.5p had i waited til i got home i could have bought at 21.5p. i know whats done is done but i wondered whether there is a smarter way to trade as i have noticed that the share price fluctuates massively throughout a day?

i understand any tips given are accepted at my own risk and i wont hold any body responsible if i follow them through

Sorry for anyone who may have got mislead by my post i found that quote on the Mining sectors page from yesterday and have only seen the questioned, not the answered. As above Captain has the answered.

No probs. :thumbs:

RRL HAVE to say (opening paragraph of their letter) that they know no reason why the SP is rising because otherwise they could be accused of market manipulation.

Of course if they know of some FANTASTIC news that is due to be released in a day/week or so they would never leak that via journalists/bloggers/brokers without letting the City know first. :ninja:

I opened a spread bet account with TD waterhouse. I usually use CMC for spreadbet, but they pulled out of AIM (which I had forgotten until after I'd shoved £5k over ready to set up positions :lol: ) moved money into TD waterhouse spreadbet instead so I can make tax free returns. They offer monthly spreads on CRND but no daily rolling like on RRL. So will have to suffer the capital gains tax on those and have a standard buy in. :dry:

TD Waterhouse seem a decent enough outfit, their spreadbetting rolling daily spreads works in a different manner to the CMC in that it closes and opens each day rather than just going into suspension overnight, but once I figured out what was happeneing it was fine.

I want to get into CRND for about £250

im with td waterhouse. as the market is closed does that mean i cant buy? i've read that there are ways but its not advisable is this right?

whats the best way to buy, with RRL i rushed home to buy and bought at 23.5p had i waited til i got home i could have bought at 21.5p. i know whats done is done but i wondered whether there is a smarter way to trade as i have noticed that the share price fluctuates massively throughout a day?

i understand any tips given are accepted at my own risk and i wont hold any body responsible if i follow them through

High risk. :thumbs: You may want to look at SOU or TRP who have had good gains recently and haven't got a mine flooded with acid water. :lol: XEL really should be £7-£10 in 18 months and currently £3.40.

You can buy outside of market hours but for your purposes, there is no need. These methods are easily understood via the help section on TD Waterhouse if you really want to go give it a go. "Kill of fill" does sound sexy though. :lol:

As a newbie the best rules are:

1 - Never buy in the first hour. Fluctuations are massive

2 - Track the stock for several days/weeks via charts on http://www.iii.co.uk. You may well see repeating patterns where a predictable dip is identified.

3 - Never buy on a spike. Easier said then done and not always true but RRL was red-hot when you purchased. As you know I sold 22,000 of my shares (about 5% of total holding) on Thurs night (just as you were buying) and used the same money the next day to buy 24,500 so you can see the benefits.

4 - "Buy on rumour - sell on news". Look at the above four shares and check out their company websites and the above reference/generic websites for the upcoming news flow. Shares will rise and rise before any big news is announced and commonly, drop the day news is announced, even if it is "good". This is because the anticipated "good" news is priced-in. Of course if the news is bad the price plummets and if it's fantastic (like XEL's oil discovery before Xmas) it rises sharply. Unless RRL can back up the recent rumours with a succession of "good" new releases (RNS's they're called) the price will drop. A classic example of this is HOIL. They recently discovered one of the biggest gas fields ever but the day they announced this, the price dropped 25%. Why? Because millions of shares had been bought running up to the announcement as the rumours were they'd discovered a massive amount of oil. When the gas was announced, however "good" it seemed, everybody sold.

5 - Deciding if you are a "trader" or "investor" will help. How long do you want your £250 to work for you?

6 - "Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1." Warren Buffett. In other words "hold". Your RRL shares will rise and you will be in profit. This is fact and applies to 99% of shares. It's up to you how long you can wait once you see black figures next to them. Would you rather have £300 next week or £3000 in 10 years or £10,000 in 20 years? See Point 5.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for taking the time captain I really appreciate it. I'm looking at it as investment rather than quick in and out. As for CRND would you say it's not worth a punt at 2p. I can afford to lose the 250 if it goes wrong. But the way I read it is if not the gains would be big if it goes right and the sa govt are behind the bailout? I will definitely be looking at the other ones you suggested as I want to build up a varied portfolio

Sound oil (SOU): http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail? ... mary&it=le

I am in SOU, and if I was to say anything it would be to have patience and time your entry right. SOU have a long way to go and I see this more long term. Just be aware that there is a presentation being held soon (cant remember when) which may cause the price to shift a little depending on its content. Also, if you look at the discussion board's on iii then dont get sucked in by the constant ramping on there - "buy buy buy, this will soar tomorrow" etc etc.

Is anyone else in MXP?

Thanks for taking the time captain I really appreciate it. I'm looking at it as investment rather than quick in and out. As for CRND would you say it's not worth a punt at 2p. I can afford to lose the 250 if it goes wrong. But the way I read it is not the gains would be big if it goes right and the sa govt are being it? I will definitely be looking at the other ones you suggested as I want to build up a varied portfolio

If it's purely a punt the CRND is fine. Have a look at pharmacutecals as well as they can rise rapidly when they discover another "cure" for cancer.

For those that missed my tips on XEL (doubled in price) and RRL (tripled in price) have a look at CAZA.

Their drill is at 12,500 on the Arran prospect with the "pay-zones" expected between 14,000 and 16,000 feet. i.e. this week!

http://spandy.org/

He's estimating future SP from £1.85 to £3.67

Currently at 55p :teeth: