Share dealing - 350z Tip Club

captain

I have also jumped on the RRL bandwaggon with some pocket change at 10.50p. Any other penny shares worth looking at at the minute? I'm only looking to put a ton or so in for starters.

I've always fancied buying some shares, but never really known where to start.

Just make sure they are in an isa :thumbs:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right thats it. I've just opened up an Trading ISA account with TD Waterhouse...........sounds like I'm too late for the RRL party, whats next Mystic Captain?? :p

TD Waterhouse are who I am with, make sure when you tranfer monies they can take 4-5 days to show in your trading account depending what method you choose.

I transfered some funds last week and still waiting for it to turn up into my account :yawn:

Yeah, its ok. I'm not about to try for early retirement. If i get a few quid out of this i'll be putting it in the new MTB fund :D

Limited myself to 100 sheets, so i can afford to take a knock on that.

A very safe bet.

I invested £1500 in SEY a little while ago and today it is worth £700 :bang: so it is not always happy days :lol:

I should also mention that i've been stuck in a german port office for 8 days because the weather isn't good enough to get the boat out and go offshore. Watching a couple of stocks is helping me put time in! :lol:

I'd like to see about getting a few quid in my work industry shares. Nobody is applying for permission to build turbines/power plants at the min because they are waiting for the next round of government subsidies. These subsidies will almost certainly have to include a few sweeteners if the Government want any new nuclear power stations built.

I am currently £1800 up after throwing 2k in a few weeks ago! :#1:

Not as meaty as certain investors ;) but you can't knock nearly doubling your cash in a few weeks! Better get Captain a good pressie! :lol:

It's what you do next that counts though..... ;)

I won't be risking mortgage payments, just a few buckshee pounds that I'd pee up against the wall usually. If I can make and extra few quid then great.

Not as meaty as certain investors ;) but you can't knock nearly doubling your cash in a few weeks! Better get Captain a good pressie! :lol:

I won't be risking mortgage payments, just a few buckshee pounds that I'd pee up against the wall usually. If I can make and extra few quid then great.

YOur right Stew - its not profit until it is in the bank! :thumbs:

I think RRL have a long way to go but I am not sure if I will be with them the full journey! :wacko:

I think RRL have a long way to go but I am not sure if I will be with them the full journey! :wacko:

I saw on a forum that someone expected RRL to get to 25p....I wonder how high it will go?

I saw on a forum that someone expected RRL to get to 25p....I wonder how high it will go?

There is talk of it going over 20p by the months end...more news is 'expected' tonight but I am not sure if this is just hype...it closed at 16.5p today.

RRL seem to have many many fingers in many pies. If the Puntand operation is pulled off (they were given a years extension to drill in 2 locations) I think you can expect to see prices go up nearer the £1 mark. Plenty of money in their other operations but think this is the big company maker.

There is talk of it going over 20p by the months end...more news is 'expected' tonight but I am not sure if this is just hype...it closed at 16.5p today.

RRL seem to have many many fingers in many pies. If the Puntand operation is pulled off (they were given a years extension to drill in 2 locations) I think you can expect to see prices go up nearer the £1 mark. Plenty of money in their other operations but think this is the big company maker.

I opened my account today with RRL at 16p with the minimum £100 needed to open the account, if it looks like it's gonna rocket anywhere near £1, I'll pile the 'Lambo Fund' into into :lol::scare:

I opened my account today with RRL at 16p with the minimum £100 needed to open the account, if it looks like it's gonna rocket anywhere near £1, I'll pile the 'Lambo Fund' into into :lol::scare:

:lol::lol::lol:

Other boards are talking about a possible buy over of RRL by koreans or China in the coming years too which will also boost the sp dramtically. If this is going to happen, I think it will be when Puntland offer licenses for offshore drilling.

Read the last 100 pages of this forum (seriously) tonight and then decide:

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail? ... sion&it=le

I like "Pirate" Pete Landau. He looks like a crook and, as an estate agent, that appeals greatly.

He looks like he can cut a deal with his arse-cheeks. :lol:

Don't forget:

"Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked"

Warren Buffett

In other words, don't invest what you can't afford to lose. :wave: could soon turn to :byebye:

Right thats it. I've just opened up an Trading ISA account with TD Waterhouse...........sounds like I'm too late for the RRL party, whats next Mystic Captain?? :p

Research these. I don't hold any but I'm watching them:

ALTONA ENERGY

AMINEX PLC

ATLANTIC COAL PLC

BEACON HILL RESOURCES

BOWLEVEN PLC

CENTAMIN EGYPT

CONROY DIAMONDS & GOLD PLC

DOMINION PETROLEUM LD

EDENVILLE ENERGY

ENCORE OIL PLC

ENEGI OIL PLC

HERENCIA RESOURCES PLC

KEFI MINERALS PLC

MAX PETROLEUM PLC

NYOTA MINERALS LD

ROCKHOPPER EXPLORATION PLC

SIRIUS MINERALS

SUNKAR RESOURCES PLC

WEATHERLY INTERNATIONAL

WOBURN ENERGY PLC

I have some info, I might get sacked if I shared but it *might* be worth a punt. am going to check with my mate whos on the drill rig that is in the falklands but I know they have 2 0r 3 wells that they will be evaluating (where I come in) soon.

I have some info, I might get sacked if I shared but it *might* be worth a punt. am going to check with my mate whos on the drill rig that is in the falklands but I know they have 2 0r 3 wells that they will be evaluating (where I come in) soon.

Copy me in on that PM ;):lol:

Jus to advise tomorrow (Friday) CMC Markets will cease access to AIM stocks and its reported that it may be a very turbulent day for the AIM Market due to this, as avery AIM position held by CMC Markets users will be closed down. :(

So - its down to trying to find another spread better that provides access to AIM. Or set up a standard trading account elsewhere and suffer the capital gains tax, as my ISA is filled up each year with seperate investments managed elsewhere.

Bummer.