removing air con belt? more power for free?

sketch

right this mite sound stupid but with my other cars i.e 200sx s14a's when fitting lightweight pulleys i always removed the air con, mainly as it leaked and was never used, and a guy at the tuning shop said it would give about a small hp increase, and the weight saving of not having the aircon pump, cast brackets and aircon rad infront of the standard rad restristing cooling

i know the gains are very mininal, but as the 350z, mine in particualar needs all the little horses i can find, would removing the aircon belt give any sort of gains on the 350? as the cars quite new id leave evrything else attached just remove the belt so the the crank wouldnt be driving the pump.

i have just come back from the pub so could quite possibly be thinking rubbish?

As the others have said, pretty much pointless. At WOT it shuts down anyway, and on such a bit lump of a motor, the aircon will consume a much smaller percentage of power than your other cars. Also being newer, it will be more efficient anyway. So I would say leave it on for those hot summer days we have :lol:

When running full throttle the air con clutch is turned off...even if you have the air con turned on......not worth the hassle to be honest.

interesting fact, I never knew that!

Neither did I explains why I'm always hot when driving :D

(j/k)

Always turn the AC off during a dyno run :snack:

When running full throttle the air con clutch is turned off...even if you have the air con turned on......not worth the hassle to be honest.

(j/k)

actaully wouldnt that mean dyno runs arent affected since the a/c is cut of at WOT ?

(j/k)

actaully wouldnt that mean dyno runs arent affected since the a/c is cut of at WOT ?

I'm not chancing it :teeth:

would make selling the car later on a pain in the arse aswell

Yeah but its not like its perminatly removed, everything is still there, when it comes time to sell it just put the belt back on.

but overall you dont really gain anything so mite aswell be left on