Naughty Neighbour

Yukmouth

I wish i had acted sooner!! and had the car towed!!

After a long wait the police spoke to the owner of the car and has flatly denied any involvement of damaging my door! He told us both that his friend came over on holiday and used it a couple times but has also denied any wrong doing...

I'm pretty sure he is a lieing jackass, as he said that there is no damage to his car door, even though i got a picture and there is blue marks left on my car -Next step now, I'm going to get the police to see if they can do the forensics on the paint left on my door and see if it matches his paint...

All still very shady at the moment.. keep your fingers crossed :bang:

last note...I'll be getting a crime ref. no. as its criminal damage - need to check if i'll lose no claims, will call and find out tomorrow

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has gone as far to say that there is no damage to his car and that it cant be him :dry:

Dont see why the Police cant pay a visit and actually look at it :bangin:

Does he still park in that space? If so get it towed :teeth:

Good luck with getting the police to check the paint match! :dry:

I called her (police) earlier, she didn't have a clue and said she'll talk to the forensics dept but in a case like this its unlikely to happen because of cost....

I have a feeling this is going no where... :thumbdown:

Good luck with getting the police to check the paint match! :dry:

I called her (police) earlier, she didn't have a clue and said she'll talk to the forensics dept but in a case like this its unlikely to happen because of cost....

I have a feeling this is going no where... :thumbdown:

what about your insurance company

One route is to make a claim, pay excess and ruin my no claims

Second route is to make a claim and hold the owner of the Punto liable for the damage in the hope that he will own up therefore i can get it done under his policy...

Neither sounds promising

Did you collect enough evidence to make absolutely certain that it was clearly his fault? I wouldn't have mentioned it to him until I had personally. It was pretty obvious he was going to deny it and now you lost your chance to gather more evidence.

If you have enough why not take it to a no win no fee solicitor. If it is open and shut case wouldn't he jump at the chance to take this one on and sue the other guy through civil channels?

initially i thought i had enough evidence - i.e leaving my car untouched and taking the before & after pics, pics of the damage on his door and the clear blue marks left on mine.

Apparently that to the cops and whoever else i've spoken to is not enough, if i had lied and said my g/f saw him do it that might of helped - so fustrating that i know beneath his smarmy little smile he knows that there nothing i can really do.....

That annoys me so much!!! Could you not try the civil or no win/no fee to see if they believe they can get something. It really sucks. What the hell happened to common sense :(

I would most definately be keeping an eye on his tyres and tax disk. The minute he steps over the line he gets a report. Petty I know but after all this satisfaction will do..

Feel for you there.... :rant:

It is Criminal Damage, but you need evidence, stick a camera somewhere that catches in between vehicles if possible, another possible is to call the police anyway and save the blue mark on your Zed, sometimes it can be matched to the offending vehicle, best of luck!!!!

Bang out of order this.

Have you had a quote to get them all fixed yet from dentmaster????

I am happy to chip in towards the cost as I'm sure a few others would be.

Dave

Thats too kind Dave, :#1:

I can only accept that the guy responsible should pay - The police officer spoke to soco and we need permission from the owner of the punto to do the paint analysis..should hear something on Monday!

Thats too kind Dave, :#1:

I can only accept that the guy responsible should pay - The police officer spoke to soco and we need permission from the owner of the punto to do the paint analysis..should hear something on Monday!

Fair do's. Good luck and keep me posted. Can't be doing with people not respecting other peoples property.

Check ths out!

I was walking towards my car earlier today and spotted some prescription glasses on the floor that had been dropped. I asked two ladys in front of me if they had dropped them. They said no they were't theres.

You will not believe what one of them suggested.

"Leave them on someones car bonnet near where I found them as the owner might walk back and spot them" :angry:

Some people :scare: not got the brains they were born with.

• 9 months later...

Bringing up an old thread...

im having a similar nightmare situation, my car has around 15 small dings, very very small but about half have left little white with a hint of red patches - the kind that are fairly small and unless the light catches them you wouldnt know they were there.Trouble is i know they are!!

The other awkward situation is my neighbour who is doing it, when ever i see him opens his door like a knob but always seems to hold it...(when ever im sneakly watching him anyway) So i never feel i can go out and say something. (Also it doesnt help but him and his wife recently lost thier baby so I dont really want to get stroppy at them!)

So im not really sure what to do, but what is strange is it has only seemed to have happened in the last month or so..

I guess my question is how easly will it come out, how much will it cost? is it screwed if the paint has been rubbed off on some? And am i just better accpeting my car will get dings...

Any advice would be good, if its a case that they can get dings out like that fairly easily and at a reasonable costs then i might just save up and do it at a latter state.

One time (dent) is understandable and could be a mistake and although they should have said something it wouldnt be the end of the world. If I had several dings with paint marks showing which car it came from it def go and say something, particularly if I was SURE who it was.

Sorry if they've had a hard time lately but doesnt give anyone the right to treat other peoples stuff like shhit.

makes my blood boil! :rant::angry: